user profile
Sign in
user profile

This should be illegal

by Seller_eyJJB323WpqW1

Amazon took £30 from my account…without giving me a choice, I had to open Pro account.
I downgraded to Individual. But nothing happened.
And After weeks and weeks, still no refund

Then I found out, there are thousands people like me… And Gods know how many like us all around the world.

Let’s calculate; £30 from 1 person. £30,000 1000 persons. £300,000 10.000 persons… and goes on.
Amazon keeps this money for months even for years for some… and there are many ways of making this money almost double if you invest it in bank interests, gov papers, funds etc etc.

Amazon didn’t wait for a second to take £30 from my bank account. But they wait for months to refund it. Why?

This should be illegal.

Tags: Bank account
38 replies
38 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc
In reply to: Seller_eyJJB323WpqW1’s post

Did you ask them to refund you ?

No offence but did you not anticipate subscription fees as part of your start up business costs ?

user profile
Seller_fMsCVAHNu4txH

When you entered your credit / debit card details and clicked on all of the ‘I Agree’ messages that appear before the account is even opened, did that not warn you that there were potential costs involved?

Because you clicked all the confirmations saying that you knew what you were agreeing to, so technically they don’t have to give you anything back.
I understand they often do (eventually), but I doubt it’s top of their issues-list.

user profile
Seller_NoMNQDGnEW5Bx

Did you sell anything between being charged the £30 and downgrading?

user profile
Seller_lljyzgTxr5fgI

The first thing you are not considering is that a human had anything at all to do with this. This was all done by automated bot systems. The second thing is, when you signed up, you agreed to the terms of business. You can’t then complain just because you backed the wrong horse? One of the big problems with selling on Amazon is people don’t do the basic research before they start…and then realise their mistakes.

user profile
Seller_NoMNQDGnEW5Bx

When did you set up your account?
When did you downgrade to individual?
When did you request the refund?
Is your account fully verified?

user profile
Seller_NoMNQDGnEW5Bx

It is there on the very first page you sign up at so I think you would struggle to say its illegal

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post