user profile
Sign in
user profile

IP Account Deactivation - All Appeals Declined

by Seller_kFqn4WvdxnEjS

I saw the wonderful things @Julia_Amznwas helping to do on this board regarding IP violations & I thought I would post this here.

Our Store is currently deactivated on Amazon due to an IP violation given by Amazon's AI which sweeps new seller listings. The ASIN behind the issue has been IP targeted for around 3 weeks before the store was deactivated.

During the time we had taken to resolve the initial IP issue - we had been approved for a Pokemon GTIN exemption. With this GTIN exemption, we were given "96 hours" (a very weird, specific number) to create our ASIN listings under the respective brand (Pokemon).

During product creation, we were greeted with some UPC errors. The errors were Amazon's registry waiting to sync with GS1's registry. We followed up regarding the errors and spoke with an Amazon employee by the name of "Vivek".

During our chat with Vivek, we stated our issue - and asked a simple question regarding a potential ASIN brand change to avoid removing FBA inventory from the warehouse. Vivek's response initially was that he was unsure regarding this. After about 3 minutes, he returned to the chat with what seemed like great information at the time.

Vivek gladly told me that he would update the IP Targeted ASINs brand to Pokemon for the listing to reactivate. In glee, I replied with happiness thanking him:

In astonishment and happiness - I asked him if I was able to use the term "Pokemon" in my listing considering the brand for our listing has been changed:

Vivek doesn't seem like a bad person, but the biggest issue at this point is that our Store is deactivated due to the most recent IP violation on the targeted listing that Vivek had changed.

We made sure to ask Vivek if we were allowed to use the branded term "Pokemon" before making any changes to the listing - to which he replied,

"Yes, you may update the titles to say Pokemon"

We have been going through the appeal process trying to make our claim that we did not wake up one day and just say,

"Hey, let's go change the name of this listing and circumvent IP policy"

No, we tried our absolute best to do the right thing in this situation & at this point, I only wish that Vivek had just simply told us to use the GTIN exemption we were approved for to create new ASINs under the appropriate approved GS1 UPCs.

For the thread finale, and what's even more insane to me regarding this situation - after submitting all of this information with corresponding chat logs, case IDs, approval notifications regarding our GTIN exemption/ability to create ASINs, Amazon Health Support came back with this message asking for the following information:

To add - we have proper invoices proving our ability to resell authentic Pokemon items from multiple distributors listed on the Pokemon website.

Please Note: This is NOT a thread "calling out" Amazon or any of their employees. We do take responsibility for the account deactivation, and we should have been more aware regarding the IP policies & correct methods to move forward with creating new ASINs under specific brands.

The purpose of this thread is to point out the repetitive nature we have been crawling through with the appeal process. Even with every crumb of evidence on our side, we are still hitting a brick wall.

I suppose really what I'm looking for here is potential feedback from a member of the Amazon team regarding this.

Tags: Account Health, Deactivated, Product authenticity, Seller Support, Suspended
8 replies
8 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_2BSBgE3FJzlK4
In reply to: Seller_kFqn4WvdxnEjS’s post

try mediation through amazon. if elligible, amazon will resolve it before there are any fees to pay. (as long as you are in the right, and they are in the wrong). will be dealt with by professionals, not the seller support idiots.

user profile
Seller_w9VI3UyAR7oxH

strange because I have been told by several different support teams that it is impossible for anyone at Amazon to change the brand name on a listing ( after Amazon changed all my branded name listings to generic ) .

user profile
Julia_Amzn

Hello @Seller_kFqn4WvdxnEjS,

Thank you for reaching out.

I can see you are working on resolving deactivation of your account with our US and UK Account Health Team. I will transfer this thread to the Account Health category then.

Best regards,

Julia.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post