user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazons titles costing us money.

by Seller_KlbXZHzQGSDZv

We have had 2 returns initiated recently due to errors in the titles of an item.

B07TS8WQVP

Amazon Title - Annie Pattern, with Zip

Title should be IMHO - ByAnnie Out and About PBA282 sewing instructions to make your own Rucksack / Backpack / Knapsack in two sizes. Clear concise instructions

We listed on this item via the upc format.

However the title is incorrect both grammaticaly and factually which has caused one of the returns (amazon automatically issued a return label costing us £3.30 for a letter sized item below 100g on an item that we are selling for £12.50 inc postage))

We have tried many times to correct several of these but as on this one where someone has lited it as a brand called annie instead of the correct ByAnnies you get stumped when trying to get anything changed. Have tried today to add some bullet points to possibly reduce the amount of returns bt they have not come through yet.

There seams to be a policy of just blocking/making a simple operation very difficult any changes asking for hi res photos etc or supplier details and when we look through our listing we probably have 100+ of these that we would like to change the name to the correct one but dont have the time to jump through all the hoops that amazon want to put in the way when it is obvious that the original poster has made a mistake on the listing.

@Ezra_Amazon @Julia_Amazon @Sakura_Amazon_ @Sarah_Amzn @Simon_Amazon @Spencer_Amazon @Winston_Amazon

Tags: Listings
18 replies
18 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid
In reply to: Seller_KlbXZHzQGSDZv’s post

Not related to this issue, but see my reply to your previous thread about tagging forum mods - these ones again may not be picked up by the mods as not highlighted.

Re. the title issue - I have many where the title is wrong (book category), sometimes just a simple spelling mistake, or additional words not part of the actual title, or irrelevant punctuation marks, but it is impossible to get these errors corrected - yet in the past, and I am talking years ago, these could easily be done.

user profile
Seller_Nprc5XWvdLYk9

the bullet points and description text arent helping either.

user profile
Seller_Fg2fqaWOnEtha

It's one of my biggest problems on Amazon, if I could actually correct the listings of all the products I could sell, my Amazon earnings would be a lot higher. Sadly, SS is very hit and miss on these issues with a ratio of 1 hit to 9 misses, which means it's not always worth it to waste time like that.

Ironically, I am allowed to list these brands products but I cannot correct the listings, because only the 'brand owners' can do it, which is funny as they are not even on Amazon.

user profile
Seller_3k8TDkmfIcQlM

It has now become almost impossible to get any alterations made to product title or bullet points on Amazon for items that have been listed incorrectly by other sellers in the past, even when it is perfectly obvious that these details are not only incorrect but also detrimental to Amazons customers and the validity of the Amazon catalogue, I have a listing for 2 cups and saucers that have been originally listed as Home Furniture and Decoration, Porcelain, 1. Yet they will not alter this obviously incorrect product title. They will however go as far as not allowing you to list a product if it does not match what is already in the catalogue, and then serve you with a policy violation for listing an item with an incorrect brand name? its almost to unbelievable to be true. It will often make no difference what proof you can provide? photos of the product showing the name and details on the packaging, or links to the manufacturers website showing the correct details are all often ignored with the same generic reply ""that the detail page associated with this ASIN is controlled by the brand owner. Any product-related information must be approved by them. You are not a registered brand owner or a user for brand and Therefore, we can’t make the changes you requested"". All of which is very strange as Amazon state in their terms and condition for listing an item, that sellers must Provide accurate information to Amazon and their customers at all times", yet the catalogue has thousands of incorrectly described products which they will not rectify even when incontrovertible proof has been provided, and which is again strange for once a product is added to the Amazon catalogue and given an Asin I was told that Amazon has all rights to that listing, and should they feel that the information shown is incorrect they will rectify any incorrect details shown in their catalogue, no matter who the brand owner is, or who listed it

user profile
Seller_kJmDZ2kxbiyx1

Of course you can't change other sellers' listings, otherwise it will make so much chaos. I think it's right only people who create the listings can change product information. You can create your own listing if you want to change some information.

user profile
Seller_IQo80d99W2DzP

This is why there are so many made up, non-real Brands, so that Seller can have their 'own listing', like eBay.

Then they control that listing and alter it, etc.

BUT, as many are just generic items, it is very confusing.

==

We also get the issue all the time with real brands, and the listing is wrong, SS just say Brand Owner at fault and the listing is ok with the error on it. Causing bad feedback, returns, etc.

The Brand Owner is often not on Amazon, and they have said Sellers to action, nothing to do with them. In fact, 1 Brand Owner cannot even alter listings that were on Amazon before they registered, as they have done that to try and fix the wrong litings for Sellers.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post