user profile
Sign in
user profile

Handmade Customisation Question

by Seller_EpXPhVLnbs8X3

Hi All,

I'm on Handmade at Amazon and create costume jewellery, offering my earrings in pierced or clip ons so I had set up customisation on my listings so people could choose.

I now want to add a 3rd option for a different type of pierced closure, however the page has changed since I originally set it up. it is now asking for "surface 1", description and a square photo with specific dimensions.. I don't really understand what I'm supposed to do with this as I'm not printing T-Shirts and I don't have any square photos. Can I bypass this step?

It won't let me add my new option without uploading a photo!

Tags: Add a product, Images, Listings, Personalised
4 replies
4 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ZjZ4slOF0jHpk
In reply to: Seller_EpXPhVLnbs8X3’s post

You can't exactly bypass it. You can leave it at Surface 1 if you want, but still have to add a pic if you want to edit the template.

In my case - choosing frame colours, or with/without a mount - I have for example, on the framed/unframed listings -

"Select with or without a frame" (which are in black, white or oak) & just a generic pic showing an example, with the word "Example" on it as I can't be uploading each possible variation images for 3000 listings.

user profile
Seller_EpXPhVLnbs8X3
In reply to: Seller_EpXPhVLnbs8X3’s post

For anyone else who has had this issue and wants to know - I created a photo of the 3 different types of earring backs, changed it to a white background using Fotofuze, the editor on my laptop allowed me to make the image square and it uploaded to the customisation section without me having to resize. I then put the surface 1 as the Earring Closure Style with a description of the different clasps and intructions to choose closure required. This worked on a test listing and so I was able to add the 3rd option to all of my listings by clicking EDIT on each one.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post