user profile
Sign in
user profile

1st & 2nd class Royal Mail Delivery Confirmation

by Seller_RguKGMHvWFmo3

10 pages of case tennis with Seller Support (no surprise)

If I send an item 2nd class using Click and Drop I get a long reference number that I can check delivery.

If I do the same on Amazon Buy Shipping I do not, no one seems to know where this reference number is.

All 1st class and 2nd now get delivery confirmation, so why are Amazon buy shipping refusing this and how do I challenge when a customer says not been delivered if Amazon won't give me the information. I've redacted the tracking number to protect the customer.

Tags: MFN, Royal Mail, Seller fulfilled, Shipping, Shipping costs
11 replies
11 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_19xPhE8YgkmxW
In reply to: Seller_RguKGMHvWFmo3’s post

Hi DJC123,

I send large letters and small parcels 2nd class (unsigned) using Amazon Buy Shipping and post at a Post Office.

They issue me with a Proof of Posting which has a trackable Barcode Number on it

Does this help at all?

All Best

Brian

user profile
Seller_KlbXZHzQGSDZv

we dont use buy shipping rather royal mail click and drop this inserts the number onto the order info on amazon I would have presumed that buy shipping would do the same have you checked the order info on amazon.

user profile
Seller_q02IFWVcXV5xc
In reply to: Seller_KlbXZHzQGSDZv’s post

Amazon buy shipping doesn't insert any barcode number automatically,it is left blank,

the only way to get is by taking a note of it yourself from the printed postage label before you post it ,or as Brain says above,the proof of postage the post office provide you with once you hand it over their counter,

Or indeed if you haven't kept a note of it and there is a later complaint of non delivery and you want to check the barcode you can do a reprint of the amazon label to check it (assuming it's not too long ago and is still available for reprinting)

user profile
Seller_19xPhE8YgkmxW
In reply to: Seller_q02IFWVcXV5xc’s post

Hi Nipicto,

I think that if you use Amazon Buy Shipping with Signed-for you get a tracking number inserted automatically - but it's a long time since I had an Amazon order valuable enough to warrant this extra expense.

My understanding is that Amaazon view the Signed-for service as being fully tracked, whereas the ordinary 1st or 2nd class is viewed as being scanned at start and end (thoretically) and thus not fully tracked...

All Best

Brian

user profile
Seller_q02IFWVcXV5xc
In reply to: Seller_19xPhE8YgkmxW’s post

Yes Brian,you're correct,

if you're buying signed for amazon buy shipping will insert the tracking number automatically,

but they don't insert the barcode for standard large letters or parcels,even though the packages do (or should have) a confirmation of delivery scan,

instead they leave it blank & inform the customer it's 'running late'

user profile
Seller_KlbXZHzQGSDZv
In reply to: Seller_q02IFWVcXV5xc’s post

I stand corrected and should have known not to assume amazon would make anything easy for the seller. My second advice unless your sending a lot of letter (not large letter) then get a click and drop account and then all your info is transmitted to Amaxon from Royal Mail. You will also possibly get better rates and if over 20 tracked 48 a week get free pick up (might be more now)

user profile
Seller_1b2UJfOrEp7MC

if you go to the order and select print label again, it has the tracking number on the label when the label comes up. then go to royal mail tracking and enter this number .

However Royal Mail fail to scan most of these on delivery anyway so it usually just says we will attempt to deliver bla bla and you end up having to refund the customer

Its annoying that this number is not entered onto the order when you buy the shipping especially when amazon inflate the cost of royal mail postage for parcels .

i would not even contact Seller Support, they literally never understand anything at all about anything and you end up frustrated

hope this helps and wish you all the best

user profile
Seller_DfMOm9tgJKAex

delivery confirmation is pointless anyway, amazon dont accept it in the case of an A-Z

also it only confirms delivery, but not where

user profile
Seller_1QPsxXzbv0YGj

Not all 1st & 2nd class get delivery confirmation. Only Large Letter and Parcels. Standard Letter size is not confirmed.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post