user profile
Sign in
user profile

Post-customs border shipping discount with the Amazon Partnered Carrier programme

by News_Amazon

The Amazon Partnered Carrier programme has resumed small parcel delivery service with UPS between the UK and the EU.

The UK left the EU’s single market and customs union on 1 January 2021, and a customs border was established, resulting in an updated workflow for shipments between the UK and EU using the Amazon Partnered Carrier programme. Sellers must be customs compliant when shipping goods across the UK-EU border. For more information, see Prepare your Amazon business for Brexit. Once you have booked your shipment, new steps are required to clear customs. For more information, see the Amazon Partnered Carrier programme - Cross-border shipment workflow frequently asked questions page.

To help you manage inventory transfers across the UK-EU border, we're offering a limited-time promotion. Through 31 March 2021, if you use an Amazon partnered carrier, you can benefit from the following:

• Reduced transportation costs: Get discounted rates for cross-border FBA shipments between the UK and EU until 31 March 2021. This represents an approximate savings of 30% to 64%* for both small-parcel and pallet shipments.
  • No brokerage or handover fees: For sellers who use the partnered carrier customs brokerage services, Amazon will cover the brokerage fees for all shipment types. For pallet shipments, we will also cover the handover fee if you use a third-party customs broker for indirect representation.

The promotion applies to Amazon partnered carrier shipments that meet one or more of the following criteria:

• Sent from an address in the UK to a fulfilment centre in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Poland, or Czech Republic
  • Sent from an address in Germany, France, Italy, or Spain to a fulfilment centre in the UK
  • Created in Seller Central after 1 January 2021, and before 31 March 2021
  • Received at an Amazon fulfilment centre in the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Poland, or Czech Republic after 1 January 2021, and before 21 April 2021

For more information, see the Post-customs border promotion frequently asked questions page.

* Savings are calculated based on standard Amazon partnered carrier rates from 1 January 2020 to 15 November 2020. The average discount is 64% from an address in the UK to an Amazon fulfilment centre in Spain. Delivery charges are dependent on the quantity, dimensions, and weight of cartons or pallets, the address from which the delivery originates, and the destination fulfilment centre. For additional discount rates, see the Post-customs border promotion frequently asked questions page. Rates are subject to change. Amazon does not guarantee any particular amount of savings.

Tags: News and announcements
11 replies
11 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_WDhdcjDfu6Z4g
In reply to: News_Amazon’s post

Unless I’m missing here, the LTL deal is a bit misleading, and near enough useless. K+N only offer direct representation customs clearance. According to the workflow you only qualify for direct representation if you have a physical operation in both the UK and the EU. Not many sellers will fit into this category.

Whilst the shipping discount is good, freight forwarders are telling me they don’t want to work with K+N, because it’s far less work for them if they manage the whole shipping process, especially with everything going on.

user profile
Seller_bWOB0S7xVia9r

Is this actually working for anybody?
I get to calculate shipping and then i get an ‘unable to calculate’ error so can’t continue any further,
I have been trying to send EU parcels using the partnered carrier (as we have been doing for years / we’re not new to this)
I have sent support Q’s to Amazon to first be told it was still disabled (not according to this post)
Then after directing them to this post, they then told me i have to contact UPS for a price due to customs charges (even though i’m sure i read somewhere that is added later), also what good will contacting UPS do when it’s still not going to update the calculation for the parcels so not going to get me to print labels?

user profile
Seller_0hKEf0aua9eBB

I wanted to create shipment to Germany. I have an EORI for Spain and the UK. In shipment workflow I have information:

1. Print and complete three copies of the UPS commercial invoice template. These must be provided to the UPS driver at pickup

2. Print and complete three copies of the UPS power of attorney template. These must be provided to the UPS driver at pickup.

Q1 - If I have a shipment of 5 boxes should i create one or 5 invoices?

Q2 - the power of attorney template is for EU companies. where can I find for UK company?
Regards

user profile
Seller_TQqQ20ue8z33v

Does anyone is having problems again when trying to select UPS?? I have it greyed out again. Few days ago I was able to select it and my shipments to the UK arrived without any issue.

user profile
Seller_0hKEf0aua9eBB

Only to UP this post

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post