user profile
Sign in
user profile

Do have Amazon a database with customers which used to make fraud on Amazon?

by Seller_vZEQSbZsfc222

If any seller reports any suspicious customer, it will be easier to identify the malpractice across the customers.
Eg:

1. I have a customer who reported that he did not receive the package one hour after has been delivered.
  2. I sent the proof that he signed the reception.
  3. Then She requests a refund for the reason: the order was delivered after the due date. But is not true. The delivery end date is tomorrow. So, she received the order two days earlier.

What I can do with this customer? I can make a refund and that’s it but I do not agree with this thief to continue doing so on Amazon.

Tags: Customer, Refunds
45 replies
45 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_SITNVuZK87zGK
In reply to: Seller_vZEQSbZsfc222’s post

Tell them if they no longer want the item, they can open a return request. State as well the expected delivery date of the item.

Though given the current interactions, they are going through the list of “get your amazon order for free” methods.

user profile
Seller_8Wsckn3UoR095

Decline the refund on the basis it’s been tracked delivered with a signature. State their refund reason is incorrect. State if they no longer want it to return under ‘no longer wanted’, tell them to read the return policy in full & link the return policy. if they return under thewrong code, when it arrives, put a safe-t claim in with evidence

They might put an A-Z in but I would respond and appeal if granted. If your appeal is rejected then I’d go to the MD.

user profile
Seller_vZEQSbZsfc222

They did not registered a refund, just chat with Amazon support and Amazon request from us to respond on customer. I do not really understand why the Amazon agent do not check delivery due date and respond to the customer in real time. All our email communication seems to not be read by customer, at least she do not respond to us.

user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc

unfortunately there is little you can do

if it were me i would send a message saying sorry to hear that your item did not arrive in time for your needs. You can of course return it however, as it was delivered within the delivery window, you will be responsible for return postage costs

and leave it at that

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4

I just wanted to update other sellers who sell in the EU, where a customer who orders an none tracked item waits a considerable time before claiming to have not received their order. I have always wondered what the barcode on the CN22 customs document actually does. I asked Royal Mail if you would kind enough to explain the process, please find a copy of their communication which will be useful for many sellers who sell internationally.

Please find below their response:-

If you use the CN22 for Standard/Economy items, it contains an S10 UPU barcode; this number is for your electronic customs information to be uploaded against.

This electronic information is taken by Royal Mail (either when you send postage online or via your account, or by reading your customs declaration via an OCR machine if you post at a Post Office) and uploaded against the barcode.

When the barcode is then scanned by UK customs and overseas customs, they can view all of the electronic information and process your item through customs. The barcode is scanned at multiple points by both Royal Mail, customs in the UK and overseas, and by La Poste in France.

Which now tells me the three claims made by three females where all false.

user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc

Not saying its correct but sometimes you have to read between the lines
It’s possible that buyer placed order and was hoping for delivery on 1st EDD
They got a ping on their phone saying item has been delivered but as you said- it was at reception so they may not have had it until checking at reception desk later
It may have arrived day after they needed it so contacted amazon to see what their options were

You said they haven’t opened an a-z or left a review or feedback so not sure what you are actually reporting them for at this point ?!

user profile
Seller_vZEQSbZsfc222

One more. I am a software developer, I volunteer at Amazon to make them a reporting tool for bad customers, and also with statistics reports for those who cross the common sense level. If many sellers report the same customers, some measures should be taken. If are isolated situations, then nothing is to be done.

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4

All platforms have collect data and if its the buyer is abusing the platform you would normally expect the appropriate action. Sellers can report the information the matter to Amazon but unable to let the seller know the outcome of any investigation. We have seen an increase in people abusing Amazon platform putting in false claims against the courier when the order has been delivered even using fake names and inaccurate delivery addresses.

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4

On the subject of suspected dishonesty I wonder how Amazon reclaim their costs for international orders when the seller has used their IOSS number? Amazon will be paying customs charges.

user profile
Seller_wQUjIxGWybFgG

send this to "managingdirector@amazon.co.uk" as he has been made aware of these issues and provide screen shots and any other examples.

Go to original post