user profile
Sign in
user profile

Lost returns via Amazon Prepaid labels

by Seller_m778PGo9xt3VG

Hi all, we keep having parcels going missing when customers use Amazon pre-paid labels to send goods back to us. As far as I can see this is a requirement of the SFP program and cannot be opted out of. The issue is that when Amazon refunds the customer, I raise a SAFE-T claim, but get told that I have to contact the courier (usually Evri) to try to get a claim submitted. We have no business relationship with Evri so can’t get any help, and the customer who’s been refunded has no incentive to assist us. The goods are simply lost and we have to accept this which seems grossly unfair. Am I missing something or is this really the way the system works (or not!),… Thanks, Paul

Tags: Customer, Refunds
46 replies
46 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_SITNVuZK87zGK
In reply to: Seller_m778PGo9xt3VG’s post

Nope that is the way it works. There’s a growing amount of threads now on the subject - but in essence, you are supposed to claim via Evri if the parcel is lost.

user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc

@Julia_Amazon @Maja_Amazon @Winston_Amazon

As you can see , this is becoming a major problem for many sellers

Why are amazon using Evri with their widely reported problem with returns
Especially as insurance for loss is only for £20 and SFP items will be over this

user profile
Seller_TJr1f9I1ncjgY

Claiming via Evri? LOL

user profile
Seller_TELpAUIVmogpz

I claimed with Evri. Asked me for a detailed manufacturing cost sheet. Sent it over (I am the manufacturer). Said it was unrealistic to sell that that price, I wouldn’t make enough money if I sold at the price stated and closed it lol. What else am I supposed to do? Small claims? Moan on twitter?

If you lose my parcel it should be the law that you have to instantly refund me and PROVE it was delivered if your tracking isn’t showing it. Why I have to have the burden of proof is frankly stupid and only helps them create barriers for people to claim their own money back. I know for a fact that most of us here shrug our shoulders do a little bit of time math and say f it it’s not worth the hassle to claim and suck it up.

user profile
Seller_87mKFKKA3Vwkx

I thought the customer got an automatic refund on the first scan of the returns postage label, but I’ve received a couple the past few weeks - one via Evri, one via Royal Mail - that have been left up to me to refund. Has Amazon’s policy changed or are the returns just not getting scanned?

user profile
Seller_r60kUo54bXBvb

Im with you here - i had a £429.99 coffee machine returned (Sold as USED - GOOD - Returned as it was Used…!!) - They used the Hermes prepaid £3.25 label to return it - from Northern Ireland to UK - Lost in transit - and refunded by Amazon as customer raised A-Z Claim - no Safe-T Claim, no appeal granted… I emailed the Director and never received any response at all. Fuming!

user profile
Seller_voW9gFQs6cI1A

Hi,

The return of goods under UK law is that its the buyers responsibility so technically you can take the buyer to SCC. however in the case of amazon they have arranged the return so technically they have assumed responsibility for it. this is another case of 1 of the things that amazon says is in its T&Cs but is not upholdable under law. Evri will not and can not under law talk to you the seller as its customer is amazon so to disclose details is a breach of GDPR and as all couriers T&Cs are the same its the customer that has to claim (amazon)

If amazon refuses to do so then as far as my understanding is you need to take amazon to the SCC

user profile
Seller_m778PGo9xt3VG

For anyone who generally sends higher value (as defined by Amazon as £100+) products on Amazon, the “request exemptions from prepaid return labels” option suggested by @The_Little_Shop does seem to be the way forward. In typical Amazon fashion it’s buried in the absolute depths of Seller Central, and seems to have several iffy instructions and non-existent links, but with a bit of patience and a few guesses it does appear to be possible to upload a SKU list that will be exempts from this fairly inadequate program that’s been forced on all sellers. I’ll try to update the thread as to how successful or otherwise it seems to have been, but many thanks to everyone who has taken the time to answer, your help is greatly appreciated.

user profile
Seller_tRuvBEHDedp4q

Playing a bit of devils advocate here but all couriers will only insure and refund your financial loss. This means your original purchase price (ex VAT) and not the selling price. So at a guess, £20 would probably cover most items on sale under £35 (by the time VAT and Amazon fees are taken out)

I agree though, this is probably not good enough for a lot of people and there should be a way of improving the insurance. Royal Mail Tracked has £50 insurance I believe so perhaps Amazon should use that when sale price was say over £40 as Evri only offer £20

user profile
Seller_57FvLL5OeoWEP

Its even worse FBA believe it or not. For a non return / missing return, scamazon ‘invent’ the sale price and THEY tell YOU what the item is worth… Your 17.99 sale that they refunded the customer (in full of course), when it gets lost THEY tell you that its only 8.99… That’s all they give you.

Go to original post