user profile
Sign in
user profile

Restricted Product Policy Violation

by Seller_KdmvT6j6WiJUn

Hi,

I'm seeking your advice as today morning we received Restricted Product Policy Violation.

Can't provide ASIN as Amazon already removed the product page.

From Performance Notifications I can see This product has been identified as a product that is not sealed in the original manufacturer’s packaging.

We buy it from wholesaler and it come to us in cases: 3 units per case sealed together then we split them up for retail purpose.

Few other sellers were selling it and I'm pretty sure they was buying from same supplier (some larger sellers) but it doesn't matter as listing is closed so everyone has stock of this product in stranded status so I don't think there is possibility to reactivate the listing.

It has no impact on account health but we are trying to be proactive and remove/improve what we can now instead of getting in trouble later if more like this come out.

Is there possibility to remove this violation from our account? Does anyone have any advise regardings this.

Thanks in advice.

Tags: Account Health, Deactivated
2 replies
2 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_d8YGbIjNqwFxn
In reply to: Seller_KdmvT6j6WiJUn’s post

You can provide the ASIN normally other sellers can still look at details on cached search engine pages.

How are the units supposed to be sold? Are they supposed to be sold as singles or units of 3? I guess they are supposed to be sold as units of 3?

If it is the case they are not designed to be sold as singles then they are indeed not being sold in the original manufacturers packaging. How where they packaged, was any packaging shown on the product detail page which would have confused buyers?

To get the listing back you will have to appeal. However it may well be problematic as by the sound of it you have repackaged a product sold as 3's into singles.

user profile
Seller_ZJhFeE3tNKzfh
In reply to: Seller_KdmvT6j6WiJUn’s post

To add to the above, which is valid advice, was the 3 pack barcoded? And was that the barcode on the actual ASIN?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post