user profile
Sign in
user profile

delivery scams

by Seller_N0kQDKMgwda6y

Hi, can anyone tell me how this is likely to go please ? Recently, and for the first time in years of selling, I have had a couple of non delivery scam attempts. I only sell books and book buyers in general seem to be mostly honest. A few weeks ago i had a refund request, followed by an A to Z, which was found in my favour. But that one, unusually, was sent signed for. But now I have another 'request' a crude, block capital 'I did not get it please refund me'' sent TEN WEEKS after the order was fulfilled. Obviously nobody waits more than a couple of weeks before enquiring, and in ten years of using Royal Mail i have never had an actual non delivery.

It was an expensive book, and this has been a lesson to get all expensive books sent signed for, but , after ten weeks, will Amazon uphold this prety obvious false claim ?

Tags: INR (item not received)
15 replies
15 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ZJhFeE3tNKzfh
In reply to: Seller_N0kQDKMgwda6y’s post

Customers can forget to follow up on orders. I'd be chasing up quicker- but sometimes, life can get in the way of things - you forget. My point is, it isn't pretty obviosuly false. The use of capitals is a red flag yes, so I would agree its most likely a scam - but you can't prove it.

That being said, in terms of practical outcomes - if you haven't sent this signed for, and an A-Z was opened - you'd still very likely lose it. I think A-Z claims can still be opened 90 days post delivery date - so its still in that time frame.

user profile
Seller_N0kQDKMgwda6y
View post
Obviously nobody waits more than a couple of weeks before enquiring
user profile
Seller_iI7oY9Sw145U0

If you used standard 2nd or 1st class post then you can use the code underneth the 2D barcode as your tracking number on the Royal Mail website. They will give you a delivery day/time as well as a GPS location, whenever I have provided that to the customer they have found the item, for example a family member had it, and I did not need to refund. I just get the label again from click and drop then use the 2D barcode tracking number...Royal Mail don't shout about standard items being tracked because why would you pay for tracking when they track anyway

user profile
Seller_Rvj1153dOprkQ

To protect yourself from delivery issues and A-Z claims, you are best to buy shipping direct through Amazon.

user profile
Seller_ND6tulQACyI6C

Same issue with me after 20 days of shipping customer is asking for refund saying that the package did not arrived, and they claiming it was prime delivery but my account is not eligible for prime delivery at the time we shipped that order. Can someone help to how to deal with this type of people. I used royal mail 2nd class service for it to deliver

user profile
Sarah_Amzn

Hello @Seller_N0kQDKMgwda6y,

I'm Sarah with Amazon.

Can you please share the Order ID so I can check the details and see if I can open an investigation?

Kind regards,

Sarah.

user profile
Seller_TA4N8tPN5wjCJ

I sent a book via a known drop-shipper/scammer ( "NDH") weeks later got a similarly brusque complaint, pointed this out to Amazon and that was the last I heasd from them.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post