user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon 'Stealing' from Sellers

by Seller_kTrdwj14sn7B1

Amazon do not tell you when you sign up for a seller account that the default seller account is a ‘Professional Seller Account’ and this automatically sets up a standing order with your bank and entitles them to take circa 30GBP each month. You must downgrade your account to use a ‘free’ service wherein Amazon make their profits by taking a higher cut of any sale made. The is clearly a better option for many new sellers yet Amazon do not make this option clear on their website. I downgraded my Professional account 21 days ago - the downgrade is still pending - Amazon took 30GBP from my account 20 days after I instructed them to downgrade the fee paying account to a ‘free’ account. This is no doubt a computer issue as very few human beings seem to work for Amazon. This unacceptable lag in the downgrade will no doubt be called a ‘glitch’. Had a human being done this the description would be ‘stealing’. The only way I can prevent Amazon from ‘stealing’ again next month is to close my bank account. Seller’s beware, if you do not want a professional account give Amazon a very wide berth because in my experience Amazon simply won’t let you downgrade. You would think Amazon were making enough money without stealing from the little guy!

Tags: Bank account, Payments
58 replies
58 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_NoLYurmb006tq
In reply to: Seller_kTrdwj14sn7B1’s post

Hi there are two plans professional for people who are doing this as a business and individuals who sell the odd item from time to time.
When you sign up its not very clear but if your on the professional account you can downgrade and request a refund.
Verification is taking in excess of two months at the moment so its worth doing even if your a professional seller until the full verification process goes through.

user profile
Seller_ejwc84JNL5Uk6

Amazon do not downgrade your account for you even if they said they would. Only you can do that - if their system isn’t allowing you to (have you tried)? Then you have to wait until verified then ask for a refund.

user profile
Seller_24Bec1n3QCVmi

There’s a very big difference between ‘Amazon do not tell you’ and ‘I didn’t see what Amazon advertise on their website’.

I appreciate the frustration with Amazon charging £30 per month while you’re unable to sell, and I really do think Amazon should only charge this fee AFTER your account has been verified (however, there would actually be some incentive for them to verify accounts quickly then), but it’s not ‘Stealing’ because you agreed to it when you signed up.

user profile
Seller_1TUe6V4P9sSRa

hi sorry we are quite new to amazon too, if you pay the £30 per month do they not take a fee per sale or does this continue?

thanks
alex

user profile
Seller_DQUCTWPjSm8fp

I have had a basic seller account for 10 years and Amazon have never taken money from me. If this is now happening to sellers, and I haven’t seen any posts to suggest that, it is a new policy. It could be an error in regards to your account and you need to contact your bank to block any future payments to Amazon until this issue is resolved.

user profile
Seller_uLWfKCVo2Wbga

Get used to it, they have many other ways of ‘Stealing’ from you and have a team just to come up with new ways…this is just the start…

user profile
Seller_Zm6mSLypM9kp8

Free signup link is on the page but only at the end of the page and in the most unreadable font ever !!

user profile
Seller_lljyzgTxr5fgI

The only one who is stealing from you is yourself, because you didn’t read what was in front of you. It may not be in massively large text…but it is there, nevertheless. I’m sure you will have seen many times in life “read the small print”. How many people actually do read it though? In this case, not reading the small print is a deduction of £30 a month, so it is yourself unfortunately, who is to blame. I post this link a billion times, with the phrase "read, read, read"

https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/learn

The matter will resolve itself and you should be able to downgrade and get refunded (if you haven’t made any sales). People need to get away from this idea that they are being robbed blind when it is their own mistakes in the first place that have caused the issues.

user profile
Seller_drZ9yzddsxRsQ

Hi if you just signed up just email customer support for refund they will refund full amount.

user profile
Seller_kHIYvQFgzwVAy

If you think £30 is classed as stealing you don’t want to get into this marketplace

• Piggybackers
  • False Trademark complaints
  • Unfair Suspensions
  • The list goes on

£30 is absolutely nothing to be P’d off about

Go to original post