user profile
Sign in
user profile

Wow. When did this start appearing? Non-returnable

by Seller_ZjZ4slOF0jHpk

Just noticed my Handmade listings, which did use to have the standard “This is covered by Amazon’s 30 day, etc, etc”. But now we have this. A good step IMHO. Hope enough like it, for it to remain prominent where appropriate. It may put some customers off, but then I do make to order. So I understand that some may not be as happy for it.

Tags: Images, Listings
10 replies
10 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_f5cnodyVjLD4S
In reply to: Seller_ZjZ4slOF0jHpk’s post

Bit of a double-edged sword, it also tells the less scrupulous how to return/get refund for free.

user profile
Seller_0Amk0hnQkPWMH

I wish they would add this to regular (non-handmade) listings of earrings - now they are allowed to return them by end of January - no nod to the hygiene issue once worn! Great wear them to the Christmas party and them send them back, Ugh

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4

Its quite clear that Amazon do not follow their own policies. The polices are easily exploited we have had lots of instances.

user profile
Seller_ae51e0CJoHqCX

Add to that if items turn up a day or 2 late. I have an A-Z now with a customer who ordered something bespoke on a standard delivery to turn up on Saturday. Received a message on the Sunday saying they haven’t got it and no longer want it. I said fine, just put in a return and I will accept it (I believe the customer just wanted it for free).

Received it on Monday, came back to me and said they have it but wants a refund. I said no problem just enter a return and I will accept it and today received an A-Z. It is quite worrying when you consider that some of these values can be quite considerable and it just drives up the prices so will actually end up costing the customers more in the long run.

The result is that rogue customers, online shoplifters will eventually end up being subsidised by the decent honest customers out there.

It means if there is a slight blemish that doesn’t effect the product, they can just claim the full cost.

For instance say that you sell 1000 pack of personalised postcards and one of them is scrunched up or even a customer spelling mistake, does this mean they just get a full refund no questions asked?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post