user profile
Sign in
user profile

Suppressed listings - "Color not supplied" even though it IS

by Seller_u5KbBkK3GJmhY

I have been having an absolute nightmare with listings being suppressed due to "colour not provided". Some of these listings are two years old and all of a sudden they have become suppressed, even though colour WAS provided. I created all of these listings. I sent an email to the managingdirector@amazon.com as I suspect this to be a bug as it ONLY happens for brands which are 'brand protected'.

Communication seemed positive until their reason has gone back full circle to this absolute disgrace of a reason. "Our internal team completed to review the issue and determined that the variation relationship is not approved because it does not follow Amazon's listing policy. We cannot share any information about the specifics factors behind the decision due to confidentiality."

CONFIDENTIALITY?! I created the listings! This is no way helpful! I have created over 200 variation listings and this issue only arises to brand protected listings (those with 96 hours approval). I have been back and to, to get approval for these brands again to remove suppresssion, but they keep becoming suppressed. This seems like a bug in Amazons systems and they are unwilling to have their technical team look into this.

If there is an Amazon employee here, please can you reach out

Tags: Add a product, detail page
12 replies
12 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid
In reply to: Seller_u5KbBkK3GJmhY’s post

Quote: "I sent an email to the managingdirector@amazon.com "

Are these suppressed in UK, or US ? If UK, you should probably have emailed .co.uk, not .com.

user profile
Spencer_Amazon

Hello @Seller_u5KbBkK3GJmhY,

I am Spencer with Amazon.

Do you have a case ID for me so I can look into it for you?

Regards, Spencer

user profile
Seller_vtSzvxtW9StxE

Facing exactly same issue for the listings created by me. - Curse of error 8040 :)

last month leadership team solved and restored my listings but started facing same thing now.

This is amazon's backend system glitch, they are updating system and inventory software and each updates causes several issues.

Not sure about you but I am mostly FBA seller and units are at FC and on and average 10-30% FBA inventory are in search suppressed status.

user profile
Seller_d8YGbIjNqwFxn
In reply to: Seller_vtSzvxtW9StxE’s post

If you are getting 8040 error creating variations then it is normally the fact you have to delete at least the parent ASIN and sometimes the child ASIN's in order to relist the items.

It is a pain in the neck but it is the only way around it I have found.

user profile
Seller_vtSzvxtW9StxE
In reply to: Seller_d8YGbIjNqwFxn’s post

thats hit and miss for me. I did try deleting PA and CA and relisted after 72 hours without any solution.

Nit sure about your but mine are all FBA listings and keep paying fees without sale.

user profile
Seller_d8YGbIjNqwFxn
In reply to: Seller_vtSzvxtW9StxE’s post

Okay yours is different to mine. I get 8040 error and I delete all the Parent and Children then I can relist about 15 minutes later and it all works okay.

Mine are all FBM. I have largely quit FBA except for a small amount of fast selling cards. All the clothing which are the variation listings are no longer in FBA.

There were many reasons why I quit FBA but one of those was that listings just went suppressed and there are times I can't fix them and they then just cost me money to get the stock back.

I am fed up with Amazon messing around with listings it just takes up so much of my time to fix them.

user profile
Seller_vtSzvxtW9StxE
In reply to: Seller_d8YGbIjNqwFxn’s post

it seems amazon wants all small seller out and unfairly blocking our listing and making it really hard to list item and sell on amazon.

already had to reduce sending FBA stock around 80% and started some other business that hopefully provide me way out.

Its been 13 years and all the hard work will be for nothing. Frankly its quite depressing and lately I feel amazon is government itself and create, follows and makes us to follow its own rules.

Hope this gets changed.

user profile
Seller_d8YGbIjNqwFxn

I had this issue last week. Two character brands that I list for suddenly all had the variation listings broken and some went to suppressed.

This then took up 5-6 hours of my time to correct the listings and get them back up once I had gained permission again to list them.

This is the second time this year it has happened.

It is a major bug with Amazon systems that causes this. I understand reviewing who has permission to list brands but twice in one year? The fact I then get reinstated both times show I have the rights to list them.

P.S. Where do I sent my invoice to Amazon to charge for the time to correct listings which shouldn't have got broken!

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post