user profile
Sign in
user profile

Drop shipper fraud anyone recognise this sentence?

by Seller_0UsCN5pKkU6bJ

Hi

I’m sure I’ve seen the sentence before. I suspect a drop shipper is looking back through their Amazon orders and if the tracking shows the item as not delivered (frequently the case with Royal Mail 48) they demand a refund using the following wording

”I still have not received my order even though the estimated delivery date has passed. Can you process a full refund for my order no ’

Anyone else seen this?

Cheers

Tags: Refunds
17 replies
17 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_76AUwmqvSyRIM
In reply to: Seller_0UsCN5pKkU6bJ’s post

The customer has probably received a message from Amazon saying the item may not have arrived and to claim a refund.

Treat like any order and check delivery status etc.

user profile
Seller_d8YGbIjNqwFxn

I get that message all the time. It is a generic message generated by Amazon when a customer claims their order has not been received.

There is another variation of the message which also asks you to provide further tracking information and to expedite the shipment.

user profile
Seller_Oyr3RVQNTTVu0

Yes, we've had a run of these recently and it's starting to cost us serious money to the extent that we are now working our way towards leaving Amazon.

Typical of Amazon to encourage fraudulent behavior in some of our 'esteemed and valued' customers.

They think they are scamming Amazon, when in fact they are killing a small business.

user profile
Seller_ae51e0CJoHqCX

Could be a drop shipper or the customer. Customer may not even know if it has been delivered.

As soon as they receive the notice that Amazon has sent prompting the fact there has been no scan on delivery, then it is open season and not a thing you can do about it but either refund or risk an A-Z and lose the money anyway.

More and more low value items are just getting priced out of the market since they will require full end to end tracking.

user profile
Seller_DIFv8iTFVXKAl

Seen this frequently - far too many scammers on Amazon - even when I have proof of delivery 1st class Royal Mail they are still trying to say not delivered - sick of it

user profile
Seller_RAXEWLxQ2dbmN

Have you downloaded an order report with billing info included to see if it is a known dropshipper?

user profile
Seller_WmtXQ7zBKr61O

We are having the same problem and seeing these messages

user profile
Seller_ca4x7NeUTM8MJ

Yes I've had the exact same message

user profile
Seller_TA4N8tPN5wjCJ

there was a well-known book drop-shipper who did this to me twice. second time i alerted Amazon, who must have been aware because the AZ disappeared and no mmore was heard from them.

user profile
Seller_K8edOfPu9HEmN

If every Amazon seller charged a shipping charge and sent RM 48/24 tracked it would almost totally cut this practise out. Since we've started doing this even for the cheapest items we have had zero claims for INR.

Go to original post