user profile
Sign in
user profile

"Defective" inventory was returned in perfect condition

by Seller_KPMNxTmOI0CSk

Hi,

Recently I’ve created a removal order of 150 units which were deemed to be unsellable on amazon (classed as defected). Having inspected these products there is no visible damage and the shrink wrap is still on the product meaning they haven’t even been opened. What’s even worse is they have now put a FNSKU sicker over my EAN barcode, meaning the product is now unsellable and I would need to remove the plastic shrink wrap.

Amazon has now just classed another 350 units as defective which I need to create a removal order for and will go out of stock as a result. I am sure that these products will also be returned in pristine condition.

When speaking to seller support, they will not provide any information regarding why they have been deemed as defective. Has anyone had a similar issue and know how to deal with it?

Thank you,

Kyle

Tags: Product removal, SKU
11 replies
11 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc
In reply to: Seller_KPMNxTmOI0CSk’s post

Does it say why they were defective ?

user profile
Seller_AhvvRglv9UwMu

Yes, we have a similar issue for one of our ASINs. Initially, we were told that the units don’t have transparency labels affixed (but they do), and now they are saying that the units do not have EU addresses.

On the same shipment we sent in our SKU 00300 that has the issue, we also sent in another ASIN which is the same product but a 160ml version of SKU 00300 (80ml), both of which have the same packaging with slight variances in terms of product size and SKU/bar code numbers. The SKU 00700 (160ml) has been fully received and is SELLABLE.

Other sellers are selling the exact same ASIN and packaging via FBA, so not sure why our units have been flagged up. We’ve escalated the issue with Seller support.

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4

Hi

You have the option to file a Sate-T claim?

user profile
Seller_AhvvRglv9UwMu

We initially received the following email notification

I queried this with seller support because I took a photo of the shipment we were sending which shows these units have transparency labels affixed to them.

Seller support then replied saying

Also, middle of January 2023 we sent via FBA 10 x this same SKU 00300 which they are saying has compliance issue, all which which were fully received and sold without issue.

The support case is still open and under internal investigation. No doubt I will get another generic response. But I’m sure not to let the case close, and message them every day asking for an update.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post