user profile
Sign in
user profile

Correct procedure for item not received

by Seller_KBCvmRKLx6ft0

We've recently started doing some items as seller-fulfilled after using only FBA for years. A customer has sent us a message saying that they haven't received the item, even though the Evri tracking shows it as delivered. Postage was purchased through Amazon.

It's not a particularly expensive item, but what's the correct procedure to follow in these situations?

Tags: INR (item not received), Seller fulfilled
5 replies
5 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid
In reply to: Seller_KBCvmRKLx6ft0’s post

Personally I send them a message saying you're sorry to hear they have not received their order, but tracking shows it as delivered, and send them a link to the page, and wait and see if they get back to you. Sadly many buyers know how to play the system and claim non-receipt (INR) hoping for a refund. DO NOT refund until you have established they definitely don't have it, and if the claim is genuine.

user profile
Seller_d8YGbIjNqwFxn
In reply to: Seller_KBCvmRKLx6ft0’s post

Welcome to your first of many INR messages as a FBM seller.

With the volume I sell I get 2-3 INR messages a day. If there is tracking and I point out the tracking says received then I don't hear from them again.

Even where there is no tracking if I challenge them the item is found or there is no reply back from the customer.

So my advice is always challenge an INR, however keep an eye on your Order Defect Rate. If there is a possibility an INR will take you above 1% then you may want to consider refunding in case it goes to an A-Z.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post