user profile
Sign in
user profile

Competitor has HFSS product promotion approved

by Seller_5aCpuYiiHviVQ

We sell HFSS products on Amazon UK and understand we can’t promote them now. However, a competitor has had Ads for identical products approved.

I’ve messaged Seller Support and given them all the ASIN details but the promotions remain. Likewise I’ve directly reported the Ads.

The Ads have continued for months and I can’t find a way of Amazon looking at the detail properly.

I’ve contacted the UK Advertising Standards Authority and they advised I contact the other sellers local Trading Standards. I don’t really want to do that and instigate TS turning up on their doorstep. I just want Amazon to take the Ads down.

Is there a better way of contacting Seller Support? I’ve messaged them for weeks and get cut and pasted answers, saying someone will look at it but nothing changes.

Tags: Advertising, International expansion, Promotions, Reporting
21 replies
21 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_EHYOwAkoZV3Hb
In reply to: Seller_5aCpuYiiHviVQ’s post

Are the competitor products listed in the correct category?

user profile
Seller_WIndmNYDp7rQF

When is a cake a dessert and when is a dessert a cake?

user profile
Seller_0wTxwqWmX6wBE

Why not take it up with the seller rather than pre-empt ‘grass out’ with trading standards ?

user profile
Seller_3h73Wv2FjIws0

Amazon can be unfair. I try not to worry about what my competitors are doing to avoid rules, taxes etc and just concentrate on growing my own business.

user profile
Seller_TufyJDtetbrlU

Amazon can be unfair sometimes, it will most likely catch up to them at somepoint and they wont be able to advertise that product. The same happened to me last year i was somehow advertising a product i wasn’t allowed to advertise then within 6 weeks of the ad running it was eventually stopped. I wasn’t aware of the strict advertising policy’s at the time. Just keep focusing on your own business

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post