user profile
Sign in
user profile

Things are getting worse with amount of units 'missing' from shipments

by Seller_POrEiTkyfOMz6

I can’t be the only one getting increasingly frustrated with FBA S&L units being checked in and received in full then as time passes disappearing. It’s very rare these days that I ever have a shipment received in full with no missing units. When you are sending hundreds of units and 20, 40, 60 to 80 that are going missing it’s quite a loss to swallow.

This has always been an issue but it seems to have gotten out of control since they began using LBA4 and BHX4 as main hubs then transferring units from there to other FC’s.

We are now using 2 people to count our units 4 times before packing for shipment to ensure we are sending the correct amount. This costs extra time/money and all it does is prove that the units are getting lost in the Amazon void rather than not being sent our end.

We then have to spend extra time appealing and often fighting to get compensation for the missing units. Often an email to the MD is the only way to solve the appeal getting rejected.

Amazon really need to look at their systems to try to minimise this as it’s costly for both us and eventually them.

Tags: Missing
14 replies
14 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_Yja9oH7DLHk2I
In reply to: Seller_POrEiTkyfOMz6’s post

I am not seeing a larger number not getting receipted but I am seeing a larger number with the message investigation completed which prevents me reconciling.

It then becomes a huge battle to try and get reimbursed.

user profile
Seller_8f1IPTDlAyi0l

I have been fighting a unit cost price around £100 for a good week. Got the case escalated to the “leadership” team and just got the same copy and paste from them. I never seem to get a response from the MD. Out of interest what do you put as the subject line in these instances? Do you do a templete email or bespoke everytime.

The best is I send by amazon UPS partner. The weights show the items are there from when UPS collect thus if its lost in transit or the warehouse I should be covered but they just seem to be… robotic

user profile
Seller_9cePvE5bylALt

It’s a joke. I recently sent 40 items to Amazon. They ‘located’ 38 of them. Then a few days later they’d only ‘located’ 2 of them. Today they can only ‘locate’ 1 of them. I have a case open with no response, and I’m not really expecting a positive outcome. 39 out of 40 missing. Unreal.
Short of videoing myself carefully showing each item to the camera and placing it into the box, taping it up and walking it to the drop off point all in a single take, I can’t see how I’m supposed to ‘prove’ the items were in the box.

user profile
Seller_R8W4ooA3yVAgO

My issue is “researching”, the amount that goes into that is very odd… and not sure what happens to it either, it doesn’t seem to drop off after a while, so do I get long term storage fees?

Irritating…

Most stuff seems to get there for me, and it’s low value, so I don’t look into it too much, but if it were higher priced items it would be much worse.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post