user profile
Sign in
user profile

DD+7 question

by Seller_9dIrIuWthiXwh

Hi,

Our DD+7 kicked in on 19th June. Since, we've had no funds available to withdraw, having previously drawn down most days.

It says we'll have a chunk available on 3rd July at the end of the settlement period.

My question is, are we stuck having to wait until the 3rd, or will cash start to become available 7 days after the orders placed on 19th June were delivered?

The majority of our sales are FBA so those 19th orders would have been delivered on the 20th/21st, therefore I'm expecting cash to become available from the 27th.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks,

Marc

Tags: Payments
24 replies
24 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_B245x6YXlguH2
In reply to: Seller_9dIrIuWthiXwh’s post

We are in the same position - payments changed on the 19th.

10's thousands now held by Amazon.

We still have nothing available to disburse today. You?

user profile
Seller_IfSV5eBt32Mxj

You can message the address on the account health page and request an extension till 2025. We did that last week.

user profile
Seller_y7TgNxKw6AELA

Same for us. Happened last week, all FBA. Funds have started to become available over the past few days

user profile
Seller_9dIrIuWthiXwh

@Julia_Amzn I've seen you helping on other posts... can you confirm that we'll soon have cash available to withdraw if our DD+7 started on 19th June? Thanks

user profile
Seller_29AF2b8VJNr8z

DD+7 is literally the worst policy on any seller platform ever. It’s destroying my business, I am having to choose between eating and sending orders. Because cash flow is killed it’s causing late delivery which inevitably causes complaints and refund requests which in the end hits your sales. I’m not a thief, I’m not going to runaway with customers money, this is a totally counter productive policy which causes more problems than good

user profile
Seller_NOoWfFKDHbsaV

My little pieces of experience with this "new" DD+7 system (coming onboard with it in January as a new seller, so I did not know anything different). I did and still find it hugely frustrating however things have got a little more predictable these days.

It will overall depend on how your sales come in and what you send them by and what you say they will be sent via! We use Amazon Shipping Automation with Royal Mail 48.

What we did notice is if we shipped via 1st or 2nd Class it didn't make any difference to when we got paid, it was the shipping estimated date that was used. We have since switched to using Royal Mail 24 / 48 (alongside Tracked 24 / 48 when needed), and as long as we do this via their Amazon Buy Shipping, the payments seem to be based on the actual dates they are delivered, which is usually faster than the estimated. Therefore we've really seen things really improve in terms of the speed of payments (8-9 days vs 2+ weeks) and are usually paid daily now but there is still huge room for improvement!

Overall I think it needs a rethink fast before it makes a really negative impact on sellers, they are officially the worst payers compared to the other three marketplaces we're on, and it's rather disappointing. I would love to see some rethinking on this policy, given sellers such as ourselves refunded just 2 orders < £5 in 1,000s over the past 6 months. It doesn't make much sense to have such a blanket policy like this for small businesses, but that's our opinion anyway!

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post