user profile
Sign in
user profile

Thinking of returning to the EU

by Seller_7xRkNuTlgoUJ5

Hi all

I pulled out of the panEU offering following Brexit. To be honest, it didn´t work out all that well for me. I have a relatively small firm and limited product lines - the accounting costs were outrageous.

However, now I am thinking of selling in the EU - but just Germany, not the pan-EU.

I have a question - I remember, that FBA fees without the opt for PanEU were expensive (I think this was called “EFN?”). I am not looking for selling across the EU. Does it mean, that I will not have to use EFN? Would FBA costs of selling in the Germany only be reasonable/comparable to my UK FBA costs on a % basis?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Tags: FBA
15 replies
15 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_esvgLzKXw2YAl
In reply to: Seller_7xRkNuTlgoUJ5’s post

These are two separate things.
EFN, is for selling from the UK into Europe, without storing your stock in Europe.
It can be used in other countries as well, but it is very expensive, when compared to FBA.

If your just planning on selling in Germany, then you won’t be using PanEU. You will effectively be using FBA for Germany only, unless you opt in to EFN from there as well.
Fees are comparable to standard FBA in the UK.

Accountancy fees are also not exorbitant, if you use the Amazon offer.

I would however suggest that you look at France as well, then use PANEU for the two countries.
That way, you can ship to the nearer country, where it is easier to get your goods landed.

user profile
Seller_ae51e0CJoHqCX

You want to sell pan-eu or purely Germany? These are not the same thing and a lot of this depends on where and how you are registered for VAT. In order to sell and store stock from Germany you need to be registered at the very minimum in Germany for VAT.

As for costs being reasonable then the answer depends on quantity, margins etc but it is not cheap. Certainly a lot more expensive than the UK but the gap is narrowing as new UK charges are being brought in to narrow the gap.

user profile
Seller_nRhZxElkqUPAM

How about reclaiming stock duty for UK imports that are later exported to the EU?

user profile
Seller_Jv4H8E20DTkdF

Dont forget that you are required to subscribe for lucid in germany and to all Other european countries If you are bringing waste Like packaging into the them. Also, If you are selling from Germany more than 10000 Euros to Other EU countries you need to Register for OSS and the taxes will be paid instead of in Germany to the Other countries via OSS. Additional laws for WEEE does also apply.

user profile
Seller_nRhZxElkqUPAM

What is IPR and do you know where the rules are please?

Seems crazy to have double pay the duty

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post