user profile
Sign in
user profile

Current GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) certificate

by Seller_t44WKWD50M9l3

Hi

We are selling food supplements and now amazon need Current GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) certificate for some of the listings. Any one have had the same issue and have any idea about this and from where we can get it.
Here is their requirements

Submit documents

GFSI or HACCP
You must submit all required documents. Your products cannot be approved if some documents are missing.
For more information on compliance requirements, refer to Requirements for selling Food Supplements in the EU and in the UK.

Document must meet the following requirements:

Current GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) certificate(s) for the manufacturer from an accredited 3rd party certification body for the ASIN OR current HACCP (Hazard Critical Control Point) certificate(s) for the manufacturer from an accredited 3rd party certification body for the ASIN.

1. I authorise Amazon to inspect the documents and information, and share them with authorities upon request. Providing fake documentation could lead to closure of my account.

2. I confirm that I have read the Help page on food supplements and acknowledge my responsibilities.

By ticking this box, I acknowledge and accept all the conditions above.

Tags: ASIN, Compliance, Listings
66 replies
66 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_4sL4COB3CN00X
In reply to: Seller_t44WKWD50M9l3’s post

We’ve had the same thing yesterday with all our listings - still contemplating what to do. I appealed one of them to see what happens for now.

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4

Naturally Amazon would want to ensure the sellers on their platform are complying with the regulations so I am unsure as to what issue is. There has been numerous cases reported in the media.

By providing the GFSI certificate would show you meet the requirement.

user profile
Seller_CAlejg2HWapCV

Same here, please let us know how you get on

user profile
Seller_XjSlh11IEQaJD

I have spoken to a colleague in the US as we distribute a US food supplement brand. They had a similar thing 6 months ago but requesting all kinds of documents. I have spoken to a colleague in the food supplement compliance industry and they have advised the documents being requested by Amazon in the UK and Europe so GFSI and HACCP are documents that a manufacturer would have and not a brand owner. If the manufacturer does not have these documents i am not sure what to do and feel most companies will be in this position as we are probably all just brand owners. GFSI for example takes a long time i read to obtain so not sure why Amazon are giving tight deadlines. These documents are not a legal requirement as far as i know but something Amazon are wanting.

user profile
Seller_7TZLZaxPjx9fw

Appreciate the reply,
Do you have any idea how smaller manufacturers should prepare for this requirement?
All food operators in EU regardless of size needs to conform to HACCP principles to be allowed to operate but governments do not “certify” as such, they check with some frequency.
It seems that Amazon is asking for third-party verified certificates.
I asked a third-party certification body about what such certificate would cost and it is priced in the range of 2-4000 GBP / year.
This would probably not be feasible for a lot of smaller ‘manufacturers’.

Best

user profile
Seller_XGlnDlY3c6xak

Hi all,

If your manufacturer does not have a HACCP or GFSI-recognised certificate, is there any way to get your listing approved? perhaps someone has managed to submit similar documents that have been accepted?

The only option that we can think of at this time is paying for our manufacturer to get the HACCP certificate, but this is going to take a while to pull together and cost us quite a bit!

Any help would be much appreciated!

user profile
Seller_L1UjkQ8V5uihS

Hi guys, do you have any updates regarding your cases? We have the same problem with 2 our products. Our manufacturer has ISO 22000 and HACCP based on Codex Alimentarius. Our documents are all the time declined since October. And they are both correct.

user profile
Seller_5iXIFMdaFkFpG

There does not seems to be a way around this. We tried approval with our last supplier (Food & hygiene cert + GMP) both rejected. Therefore we have been forced to change supplier to one that has HACCP. I don’t think Amazon will change this policy which is unfortunate as there is so many good manufacturers who does not hold HACCP or GFSI.Provided their HACCP and accepted by Amazon.

user profile
Seller_L1UjkQ8V5uihS

We just receive generic answers, no explaination on what should be changed.

user profile
Seller_Nt8lXRadS5E5O

I spoke to my manufacturer and they told me there isn’t a GFSI or HACCP certificate per se, it’s part of the GMP certification process, no manufacturer has a GFSI or HACCP certificate. All manufacturers in the UK have to have it by default in order to operate. They sent me their ISO certificates, GMP certificate and a 37 page HACCP audit completed in 2018. Will that be sufficient? Any truth to that?

Go to original post