user profile
Sign in
user profile

Customer trying to scam the system for a Returnless Refund?

by Seller_IctI0ITRCO2qP

Hey all,

Been selling on Amazon for a while and mostly going ok, but today got a message from someone who hated the product (fair enough) but was/is insistent on a returnless refund or “if not i will have to leave my honest review and a honest video review for youtube”.

Spidey senses are tingling on this one, but is it worth going through all the hassle of reporting and arguing? I feel like a negative hit to the feedback score is probably worse than a refund, but I don’t like the feeling of feeding potentially fraudulent activity.

Ta

Tags: Fees, Video
5 replies
5 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_esvgLzKXw2YAl
In reply to: Seller_IctI0ITRCO2qP’s post

You need to treat it as you would any other return.
Just follow the company line. Returnless refund is not available for this item, but you can have a full refund on return. It’s Amazon that makes the rules, not you.

It probably is someone trying to game the system, but not succeeding very well.
Whether it’s worth the hassle or not, only you can really decide.
Personally, I would probably just refund and forget about it if it’s a very cheap item. More expensive, I’d make them return.
But you do need to tell them to open a return. If they don’t do that, then go to A-Z, you will most likely lose it. At least if it’s there, you are following the system.

user profile
Seller_IctI0ITRCO2qP
In reply to: Seller_IctI0ITRCO2qP’s post

Thanks.

It’s an FBA product, so they could easily trigger the return and get a refund without involving me at all.

The fact they don’t just do that is the part that makes me suspicious. Thanks for the advice.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post