user profile
Sign in
user profile

Help on warning from amazon Individual Seller to select buisness

by Seller_vDA16sXHVT3he

hello..!

Can someone help me out in this..

Today morning a recieved an email from amazon saying i choosed individual entity because i didn’t want to register any buisness to get involved in vat filing and all stuff,now amazon giving a warning notification in my display to change the entity for the verification of my account,its happening right after submitting bank statement for account verification,even i created my account 5 months ago,please someone come up with the solution

Tags: Payments, Seller Central, Verification
25 replies
25 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_k2X0L9mVRT0pW
In reply to: Seller_vDA16sXHVT3he’s post

the Individual account is only for selling off second hand goods. Have you listed goods as New?

user profile
Seller_76AUwmqvSyRIM

OneStepSTORE - you sound like a business to me.

user profile
Seller_MT8rt0A2OpbCx

user profile
Seller_vDA16sXHVT3he
Show post
have you faced the problem or do you have solution for this?

Register as a business with HMRC. You are buying to sell for a profit, so you are a business. You don't have to register for VAT until you reach the £90,000 threshold, unless you live or conduct the business from outside the U.K. (not just registered in the U.K. at a virtual office), in which case you need to be VAT registered straight away.

Once that's done, change your account to professional, go through verification and start selling legally, and, more importantly, within Amazon's terms.

Don't believe anything you read outside Amazon Seller University, or HMRC.

user profile
Seller_MT8rt0A2OpbCx

user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid
Show post
and maybe get an accountant, which obviously you will have to pay for.

If the OP is a UK resident, they may be able to get a free short consultation with an accountant before any further commitments. It would be a good idea to delve into Seller university first and HMRC, so the advice makes some sense and the time isn't spent explaining a few terms.

@Seller_vDA16sXHVT3he Try to find an accountant with some Amazon experience.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post