user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon Ads attribution model -- clicked products in order for attribution?

by Seller_DkfCj63MyKDrZ

I’m struggling to really understand attribution for Product campaigns.

Say I click on one of your Ads and then purchase a different product. Let’s say I then purchase a different product to the one I clicked on.

Will it count towards a sale?

Here are more use cases:

1. click on product A, purchase product A
  2. click on product A, purchase product B
  3. click on product A, purchase the one clicked as well as another one – A + B
  4. click on product A, click on product B, purchase product A
  5. click on product A, click on product B, purchase A + B
  6. click on product A, click on product B, purchase product C
  7. click on product A, click on product B, purchase product B, purchase product A

I think Amazon is cultivating a certain ambiguity in the wording here https://advertising.amazon.co.uk/help/ref=ams_head_help?entityId=ENTITY1TXBDKUIP7YR3#GX7KDKHMWQYMJ385

In a nutshell, does the advertised and clicked product have to be in the order, alone or alongside others, or not, for the order to be attributed to the click?

Kind regards

Tags: Advertising, International expansion
2 replies
2 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc
In reply to: Seller_DkfCj63MyKDrZ’s post

sorry i maybe answering a question you haven’t asked but as its pay per click, it doesn’t matter if any item is purchased or not

user profile
Seller_UiTb9EqU6IZ2Z
In reply to: Seller_DkfCj63MyKDrZ’s post

If a customer click sponsored product X by Campaign X (which is sponsoring product X) but then goes to another webpage and purchases product Y (another product of the same brand of X) then sales are attributed to campaign X.
You may have another campaign sponsoring only Y but in this case sales are attributed to source campaign X.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post