user profile
Sign in
user profile

How to report a violation

by Simon_Amazon

Hello Sellers 👋

Here a quick recap on how to report a violation:

Sellers are responsible for complying with all laws, regulations and Amazon policies when listing products. Amazon encourages sellers to report listing abuse or seller violations of Amazon’s policies or applicable law.

All reports are thoroughly investigated by our team.

For privacy reasons, the results of our investigations cannot be disclosed, but we will take any disciplinary actions that we find appropriate.

Policy violations are the result of a seller violating the activities listed on the Selling Policies and Code of Conduct page.

1. Go to Report Abuse
  2. Select violation type
  3. Provide concerned Order ID or ASIN/ISBN, as applicable
  4. Make sure to include the following information in the Please describe your issue field, as applicable:
  • The store or business name of the seller that you are reporting
  • The ASIN or ISBN of the item’s detail page and the product title
  • The marketplaces for which the violation has occurred
  • A concise explanation of the violation based on the policy
  • Supporting documentation (for example, order IDs, related messaging or receipts)

5. Submit

Best,

Simon

Tags: Quick tips
20 replies
20 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_iUcF35YSDwxDs
In reply to: Simon_Amazon’s post

Last time I reported a violation (another seller, selling fakes on my brand listing), I got a section 3 for "Taking actions in order to harm other sellers" !!!

user profile
Seller_K8edOfPu9HEmN

Especially the very important lost input from so many very knowledgeable contributors to the old forum that could not agree with the new format.

user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid
Show post
lessons need to be learnt from the 'old' one.
user profile
Seller_Nprc5XWvdLYk9

But if the violation is Amazon themselves it does not work.

For example the Amazon_EU selling profile bringing invalid information (wrong language of product titles etc) in from another amazon marketplace - then it cannot be report as abuse - as the automated system does not accept any reports against amazon themselves.

user profile
Seller_RAXEWLxQ2dbmN

I gave up reporting violations yeas ago because they were always closed automatically with a message to the effect that I wasn't the brand owner' or 'nothing to see here, move along'.

I only reported ASINs in BMVD.

These 'violations' were generally things like individual seller condition notes appearing as main Product Descriptions, duplicated ASINs usurping ISBNs and EANs already in the catalogue, missing or incorrect product images &c.

Some sellers are serial abusers of the BMVD catalogue. They use sophisticated software that duplicates and mangles millions of legit ASINs/EANs/ISBNs to create what is effectively a parallel catalogue of overpriced duplicates.

This catalogue abuse is obvious to those of us who manually list in BMVD but Amazon's robots seem totally incapable of spotting these (to human eyes) clear violations of Amazon listing policies.

user profile
Seller_RAXEWLxQ2dbmN

Can I just add that I think reporting problems, errors and 'violations' in BMVD should be dealt with differently to those in other areas of the catalogue.

The bulk of sellers in BMVD are not brand owners nor do they have access to authorised suppliers. Most books, for example, are out-of-print and it is literally impossible to supply evidence from 'manufacturers' to back up suggested changes and improvements to existing catalogue info.

I haven't really bothered attempting to report catalogue problems since Amazon introduced the brand registry process to BMVD. It's far too much hassle convincing SS that brand registry is irrelevant.

What we need are human staff with a reasonable knowledge of publishing methods and formats (be it printed literature, recorded music, video, or audiobooks &c).

Often, just a pair of human eyes looking at the ASIN page in question is all that is needed to spot obvious errors.

[edited for...errors!]

user profile
Seller_EkGoiphKgUnUI

How about a non-exhaustive list of exactly what Amazon considers a violation, how were meant to report it, and what we can do to track the progress of that report. Every time Ive reported something wrong in SS, they dont TELL me to report a violation, but just signpost me to it without saying if what Ive reported to them is a violation. Then, theres no way of then knowing what action, if any has been taken.

Perhaps SS should keep open cases until the apparent "violation" has been addressed or rejected. Amazon need more effective case management processes and the system were given to manage them needs to be improved, so that cases close when we close it, not just after 5 days. And if the issue doesent get fixed, the case doesent get closed.

Also, if we report a violation to SS, they should put some frigging work in and just address it, not signpost us away from them to a non-entity who may or may not actually act.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post