user profile
Sign in
user profile

I need urgent help from Amazon staff. Certain items are consistently missing from inventory

by Seller_qPQfahn3ELNJG

I have made multiple shipments recently, and certain color variations of my products almost always go missing.

Shipment FBA15J26FK6J: 125 units packed, only 50 units received, 75 missing.

Shipment FBA15J2BTC0D: 125 units packed, only 74 units received, 50 missing (I found the 1 lost item).

Shipment FBA15J3G52YW is still active, 125 units packed, only 84 units received, 41 units missing.

Total missing units: 166.

There is a pattern to the missing items; they are all the same color variations - green, purple, and pink. This can't be an accident. They all have the same package quality, same label quality, and they are in the same box as others, but only these colors go missing. What is going on? Amazon support didn't help. They made no explanation about whats going on. As a seller, I am starting to loose my trust to amazon.

Tags: Inventory, Missing
22 replies
22 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_SBAE7tUL8GQ6n
In reply to: Seller_qPQfahn3ELNJG’s post

Not sure if this is going to be similar to an issue I faced, someone on the forums helped. We had a product that was our own, the ASIN was matched with an ASIN on the Japan site which was a laptop completely different to our product which was just plastic. It meant all of my products where supposed to have a battery sticker when sent to FBA, unknowingly to me it was only on the forum I found that out. I don't know how they matched it up, but worth a thought. I had over 100 products disappear, I assume disposed of with no paper work or trail.

user profile
Seller_lcEFNe4t76lA1

We are Amazon Vendors who receive purchase orders from Amazon on a twice weekly basis. We are always getting fined for supposed "shortages". We now video all of our boxes before putting them on the pallet, again when they are on the pallet and then we get the carrier to sign that there are "X" amount of boxes on each pallet. Time consuming but at least we can now challenge successfully.

Not sure how the challenge would work in Seller Central but certainly works for us in Vendor Central.

user profile
Seller_qPQfahn3ELNJG

I experienced something very interesting today. Some of the green color variations were in stock a couple of days ago, but now they are out of stock again and all the inventory is deleted. I really want to know what is going on.

@Julia_Amzn

@Sarah_Amzn

@Ezra_Amazon

@Sakura_Amazon_

user profile
Seller_qPQfahn3ELNJG

It seems there have been some strange updates to my shipments. They have lost 20 items from my last shipment and found 12 items in a shipment that has a box that can't fit that many items.

Before:

After:

user profile
Seller_qPQfahn3ELNJG

@Spencer_Amazon

I have proof of delivery and DHL invoices for the following Shipment IDs: FBA15J26FK6J, FBA15J2BTC0D, and FBA15J3G52YW. The invoices also include the official weight of the boxes:

- Shipment FBA15J26FK6J: 10 kg (125 units sent, 50 units received)

- Shipment FBA15J2BTC0D: 9.5 kg (125 units sent, 74 units received)

- Shipment FBA15J3G52YW: 9.5 kg (125 units sent, 125 units received)

Shipment FBA15J3G52YW alone should be enough proof that some units are lost.

I have proof of delivery documents that include the date and time the boxes arrived. All I want is an investigation... Support cases always provide generic copy paste answers. I need a real person to help me solve this issue.

user profile
Sakura_Amazon_

Hello @Seller_qPQfahn3ELNJG,

This is Sakura from Amazon. Do you have any updates regarding your shipments ?

Regards,

Sakura

user profile
Seller_qPQfahn3ELNJG
In reply to: Sakura_Amazon_’s post

Hello again,

I want to provide a quick update so this thread isn't closed due to inactivity.

case ID: 9901989972 has been resolved and reimbursement has been made.

However, even though I submitted the same sets of documents for case ID:9893598032, they want additional information.

user profile
Seller_qPQfahn3ELNJG

Update2:

I am unable to submit the files for shipment ID:FBA15J3FZXNV. The units seem to have already been counted, but there is not enough space for 137 units; even 125 units are a pretty tight fit.

user profile
Sakura_Amazon_

@Seller_qPQfahn3ELNJG,

Thank you for your updates.

Regarding the case 9893598032, what additional information were you asked for?

Regards,

Sakura

user profile
Sakura_Amazon_

Regarding this update, did you report it to the Seller Support Team that you were unable to upload the documents?

user profile
Seller_qPQfahn3ELNJG

Just copy and paste document requirements like any other case I have. Here are screenshots.

By the way, I asked DHL to investigate these shipments. They checked all the checkpoints and confirmed that they never opened the packages. Otherwise, there would be DHL tapes over the boxes.

user profile
Seller_qPQfahn3ELNJG

I now created a case for shipment ID:FBA15J3FZXNV with case ID:9929110072

user profile
Seller_qPQfahn3ELNJG

Regarding shipment FBA15J3FZXNV, I received a message stating that they received 137 units in total instead of 125 for this shipment. it is physically impossible for this box to contain 137 units. This indicates flaws in Amazon's inventory system.

Amazon counted +12 units that don't exist. where did these +12 units come from? probably units that were lost in my other shipments within the same variation family but different sizes.

This issue could potentially lead to customers purchasing the wrong product. which will cause high return rates and negative reviews

user profile
Sakura_Amazon_

Hello @Seller_qPQfahn3ELNJG,

Thank you for sharing all the updates. I have contacted the Partner Team to review case 9929110072 and case 9893598032. I will let you know once I get any updates.

Regards,

Sakura

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post