user profile
Sign in
user profile

On the brink

by Seller_U6dJp5Lxs8uzW

Ive been an individual bookseller on Amazon since 2005. Do you know all i want to do is sell books and enjoy it - i have a physical bookshop as well. The enjoyment is being sucked out of
me and whilst ive lived with Amazon’s idiosyncratic way of working and always putting the customer foremost i am on the brink of closing the accout having listed 26000 books over the past 18 years. Primarily for the reasons:
Feedback - unjustified uncontrollable unbalanced unnecessary
Buy Shipping- dictatorial/ unrealistic/complicated/ expensive
Customer service - purile/ amateur/wasteful/complicated/ distant/artificial/unhelpful
A-Z claims - unbalanced/unfair/unnecessary/unresponsive
Listings - Amateur/inaccurate/over complicated
VTR- Alien/ dystopian/unbalanced/inaccurate/uncontrollable
Commission - imbalanced
Postage allowance - unfair /unrealistic/greedy/incomprehensible

Ive decided to try and reconnect with bookselling as an art instead of working with the devil - im going to concentrate on real humanity instead of Ai.

On the brink …

Tags: A to Z Claims, Customer
28 replies
28 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_EHYOwAkoZV3Hb
In reply to: Seller_U6dJp5Lxs8uzW’s post

Sorry to hear this and good luck, whatever you decide.

The days of “enjoyment” and “selling on Amazon” when used in the same sentence are long gone, sadly.

But you do seem to have been registered under an incorrect legal entity all these years. You are not an individual seller, you are a business and should be registered as such.

user profile
Seller_U6dJp5Lxs8uzW

sole trader

user profile
Seller_U6dJp5Lxs8uzW

Now decided closing it from 1 June 2023

user profile
Seller_U6dJp5Lxs8uzW

No longer going to list books on this site.

user profile
Seller_U6dJp5Lxs8uzW

Threatening culture

user profile
Seller_3u63TG7fpfnG6

we all know where you are coming from amazon does not appreciate small sellers that is for sure

user profile
Seller_4EP71c7vPg4eY

I want to sell at the price I want, but amazon do not allow it, it is up to the buyer if they want to buy it, but I get deactivated and error on price, the American run and control the world, we are nothing

user profile
Seller_iKk317eGnCUs4

If you say you are an individual bookseller and they are your own books then you are an individual bookseller, don’t let them dictate to you. I am in the same boat I just do it for pleasure as well.

user profile
Seller_u4SFdJKMStDfU

I’m getting like this at the moment. Amazon have started putting badges on items saying non-returnable for FBM. Apparently I’m not even allowed to my make my own decisions in that area as well as price. Amazon say policy, but these items have been miscategorised and it would take an eternity to fix them all, if I even can. Started pulling items from sale on Amazon and got my own website live today. My exit is strategy has begun.

user profile
Seller_OvNSG0AO7kG9Z

I too am a bookseller on Amazon and agree with what you say. The final straw for me is the dictatorial Buy Shipping policy and being told how much I can charge for my books. MY books MY choice, let the customer decide if they are willing to pay your price. I assume you list on abe books? which, despite being owned by Amazon is so much easier to work with. I only hope if Amazon decide to ditch abe that they offer it for sale as it would be a great loss.

Go to original post