user profile
Sign in
user profile

Trying to Close Redundant Seller Account

by Seller_VajgQxjPiejKy

Hello,

I'm actually hoping someone from Amazon sees this message. We had a business that was unfortunately destroyed by the combination of covid, brexit and the cost of living crisis, and it had to be liquidated. We set up a new business that bought some of the assets from the liquidator, and where we're not doing anything nearly as big as we did previously we have started to sell on Amazon again via our new business. However, no matter how many times we ask Amazon to shut down that old account, nothing happens. We are nervous to start scaling our new business for fear of the old one being linked to our new business (which they have already done!) and if the old one is deactivated or suspended that it might cause our new one to also be suspended or deactivated for not doing some duty or another any control over it anymore), and for Amazon to then suspend or deactivate our new business due to there being a link between the two businesses.

Is there someone from Amazon who can tell me what I need to do to get that old business shut down once and for all? I've gone through the steps in the help to shut down the account. All requests are either ignored or marked as transferred, but nothing is ever actually done.

@Sarah_Amzn @Ezra_Amazon @Maja_Amazon @Julia_Amazon @Winston_Amazon @Ash_AMZ @Simon_Amazon @Julia_Amzn

The liquidator has also written to Amazon and provided me with a digital copy of the letter, but still nothing is done and the account continues to loom over us. I am able to provide this letter, but can't post it on a public forum.

The Merchant Token is AS0ITQ3NPQKFO.

Can one of the Amazon people above help me please? Last year our new business was suspended over the most critical 3 weeks of Christmas because of the old account, and it caused us enormous financial difficulty because of it. Can't go through that again, and too nervous to scale in case we invest and then can't shift that stock due to suspensions.

Thank you,

Leanne

Tags: Account Health
4 replies
4 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid
In reply to: Seller_VajgQxjPiejKy’s post

Gosh, really feel for you, and yes, they will automatically be linking the two accounts and businesses. It does seem ridiculous that they cannot just totally remove/delete the old, now defunct and liquidated business from their data. Cannot help, but hope one of the forum mods can step in and help/advise. Have seen this scenario several times before on Amazon, but we never hear of the outcome, so good luck.

user profile
Seller_mS10UjVYuuGor
In reply to: Seller_VajgQxjPiejKy’s post

I second @Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGidin feeling for you in this situation.

Even if Amazon wanted to delete all record of your previous account they wouldn't be able to. Information held there will relate to Amazon's own turnover, their fees received etc etc still needs a record therefore is intertwined with Amazon's own accounts which they have to keep for at least six years. I suspect Amazon never completely deletes old seller details.

Its a really difficult situation, even if you persuade Amazon to break the link between your companies the bots are likely to find it again.

user profile
Seller_VajgQxjPiejKy
In reply to: Seller_mS10UjVYuuGor’s post

But then why is it an option in your seller account to ask them to close it? I'm sure they wouldn't fully delete all the data for the reasons you have stated, but they can still close the account and remove our personal information from it. Alternatively, transferring ownership over to the liquidators.... They did say to me months ago that I would have to transfer it to an individual at the liquidator's business, and have a valid bank account associated with it. The liquidator is NOT going to do that. It's an unrealistic request. Just shut it, as the business is in liquidation! Seems a ridiculous thing to me not just doing that, as there is no money owing on the account.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post