user profile
Sign in
user profile

Reserve Policy Change - Option To Extend To 2025

by Seller_tfvNJ2XFfch0r

Has any one else received an email offering to extend the DD+7 postponement to September 2025.

I received an email last week, but didn't want to submit a request yet, in case it triggers some sort of account verification or puts funds on hold. As we all know how picky Amazon can be when making any requests to do with an account setup.

I would love to be able to postpone for another year, but dont want to upset anything.

This is what I received....

Hello,

Your reserve policy change – Postponed to 7 August 2024

We recently notified you that we will move your account to the standard base reserve policy called “Delivery Date Based Reserve” or “DD+7”. To allow you additional time to prepare, we have postponed the date to 7 August 2024 .

What this means for your business

When the new reserve policy takes effect on 7 August 2024 , funds from sales will be available for disbursement on the delivery date plus seven days. For example, if you ship an item on 1 June, and the delivery date is 4 June, the funds will be available for disbursement from 12 June.

Why are we moving you to this policy?

Seller registered after August 2016 have operated under this policy for seven years. This change will standardise our reserve policies for UK and EU sellers and ensures sellers have sufficient funds to cover any financial obligations like product returns or customer claims.

How to request additional support

If you are concerned about the impact this transition has had, please contact us eu-uk-reserve-policy-extension@amazon.co.uk and we’ll evaluate available options to help you, including a transition extension to 30 September 2025.

Tags: Account Health, Seller Support
11 replies
11 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_IfSV5eBt32Mxj
In reply to: Seller_tfvNJ2XFfch0r’s post

No, only just re-read the email after your post and saw 2025, i originally thought it was 2024, and thought there was no point for an extra month. Definatley worth it but like you slightly worried if it opens a can worms.

user profile
Seller_76AUwmqvSyRIM

I received an email on the 21st May as follows:

”Your reserve policy change – Postponed to 3 July 2024

We recently notified you that we will move your account to the standard base reserve policy called “Delivery Date Based Reserve” or “DD+7”. To allow you additional time to prepare, we have postponed the date to 3 July 2024.”

user profile
Seller_Nprc5XWvdLYk9
In reply to: Seller_76AUwmqvSyRIM’s post

did you have a reserve policy before and when did you open your amazon account? -

or was it before or after 2016?

user profile
Seller_76AUwmqvSyRIM
In reply to: Seller_Nprc5XWvdLYk9’s post

I just had the continuous threats of the reserve with the date going back every time.

I opened my account in 2010 or thereabouts.

user profile
Seller_Nprc5XWvdLYk9
In reply to: Seller_76AUwmqvSyRIM’s post

then in theory you should have been sent the email we and the OP above received.

with a postponed to 7th August 2024 and a possible transition extension to 30th Sept 2025

user profile
Seller_76AUwmqvSyRIM
In reply to: Seller_Nprc5XWvdLYk9’s post

“then in theory you should have been sent the email we and the OP above received.”

but this is Amazon 🤣, No, I have not!

user profile
Seller_171whtfaYxvhd

Personally, i have sent an email to the one provided on the screen and i have asked them the transition to be made by Sept 30, 2025. I have asked this because it will give me more time to fulfill my needs of my small business (ie. pay my taxes, day to day living, suppliers etc).

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post