user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon! Please STOP doing this!

by Seller_ae51e0CJoHqCX

Many experienced sellers will fortunately get this email from the honest customers from time to time.

The reason a customer has sent me this is probably (yes I am only assuming) they have received a notification from Amazon since it has not received a scan at their end. For every one of these I receive, I will get 2 or 3 that will write and say that they have not received it. I therefore have no option but to refund or swallow an A-Z Claim.

Amazon know full well this is not right and yet they continue to do it. Why? Where's the benefit?

This sort of behaviour only promotes potential fraud and dishonesty. It serves no benefit to the an honest customer as shown below. It serves no benefit to Amazon. It serves no benefit to the seller (in fact it punishes the seller). It only serves benefit to someone that sees an opportunity to make a fraudulent claim that will ultimately get support from Amazon to make a false claim.

I just don't get it. Here is a copy and paste of the exact message I received just this morning from a low value order.

Hi this item has been delivered even though it is showing as lost

Tags: Shipping
2.7K views
34 replies
34 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_xEpd0hQkG8wol
In reply to: Seller_ae51e0CJoHqCX’s post

If it would not benefit Amazon, they would not do this.

user profile
Seller_Fg2fqaWOnEtha

Exactly, if buyers do not receive something they are big enough to look after themselves and given that Royal Mail scanning technology is far from perfect, I don't see the point in doing this. It's like sellers are dishonest by default in Amazon's eyes.

user profile
Seller_9SnkGr1rLS6kU

I have received a lot of fraudulent claims by chancers of late. The problem: -

Amazon’s IT system does not always (i.e. never?) connect to the Royal Mail (and other couriers?) to establish whether a package has been delivered or not. The customer receives a message to say that the package is running late or even lost, and that they may claim a refund – even if the package has already been delivered.

Please see the attached screenshot, sent in by a concerned customer who had indeed received their goods.

Thankfully, the Royal Mail records and confirms delivery of standard (i.e. 1st and 2nd class) on their tracking system. Chancers/fraudsters who attempt to secure a refund from us for goods already delivered are thus sent proof of postage, a copy of the delivery label and a screenshot of the Royal Mail delivery confirmation. We very rarely hear from any of them again.

The above does mean keeping plenty of records – we keep hard copies of all proofs of postage and PDF copies of postage labels.

Very occasionally, a customer will claim via A-to-Z – in which case Amazon will always, repeat ALWAYS refund the customer and never, EVER consider an appeal by the seller. However, the Royal Mail are quite lenient in granting a refund of postage and value of goods provided that one can provide the required proofs i.e. value and posting.

Good luck everyone. We’re fighting a very, very dishonest sector of the customer base who regard defrauding traders such as us as a victimless crime. One day, Amazon might stop actively promoting fraud (whilst hiding behind the warped maxim that The Customer Is Always Right) – I however shall not hold my breath.

user profile
Seller_tcjTAYWS9J4EP

I don't know if it helps but I just respond with the tracking link showing the scan and no further message and no one ever comes back to me. I think if they had genuinely lost it they would. You can spot the chancers a mile away by the fact they use the copy and paste format lol

user profile
Seller_YWrBTuJFQIS8D

The one i received recently was even more ridiculous the customer claimed that her area is full of thieves so they must have stolen her parcel. Tracking has a photo of her door open and who i will assume is her receiving it yet she claimed no one was at home. The customer was given the full funds and i pay the price. It simple Amazon don't care

user profile
Seller_SnNztJIII3ZP5

As long as Amazon derives financial benefits from the refund process, this issue will persist. As sellers, we incur the full cost of the refund, while Amazon continues to charge us associated fees. This practice needs to be addressed and rectified.

user profile
Seller_4APBF8EbUfCq9

I politely reply with-I am sorry to hear this but the tracking shows this was delivered on time and date and then include screen shot of said tracking confirmation along with the gps co-ordinates map picture. Please let me know if this is not the case. Touch wood I never get a reply back. It seems to go in cycles none for ages then a batch of them then none again.

user profile
Seller_BrxDt0UntcYsG

Try your royal mail account rep

I just got my tracked prices greatly reduced

we do about 30k large letters a tear and its under £2 now for fully tracked which has virtually put an end to these issues

Of which we used to have a lot

user profile
Seller_OC4AKQTpHwKwL

This has been going on for about 10 years

user profile
Seller_H04Prg9Nc0Td4

We need to think about how we can unite and organize against such cases. I think we need to get help from a court or legal advisors on consumer rights. They cause great damage to small businesses, let's think that a big step is needed in this regard.

Only the opened issues remain here, A to Z is a bot team and do not expect anything fair in any way, we cannot find a right channel, we need to deal with it in another way, if there is a system in place, the future of millions of people cannot be played with, a logic such as go or stay is unacceptable.

Go to original post