user profile
Sign in
user profile

Help deactivated account

by Seller_igSKz7GRHXroF

This will make me go into liquidation of a 13-year-old business

Brief summary as brief as possible:( Such a ride with Amazon

Three years ago, Amazon deactivated the count without any reason, and there was no way to contact them on a security basis. With NO option to get in touch with them, it was HELL. After sending messages to the management team and contacting people in Pakistan on Fiverr, it took me three months to re-open the account.

I sent them loads of info to no avail, and then I gave them one last try before handing the towel, and they reinstated it. Still, the damage was done as they destroyed 20,000 pounds worth of stock. We also took a loan out as sales were going well, and we were introducing new products. It also caused massive issues with our taxes as most of our revenue was coming through Amazon, and then it stopped, but the Tax man still wanted us to pay and still does.

Then, Brexit, we were told by Amazon we had to go LTD to open a shop and to be able to carry on selling in Europe also; the accountant told us to go LTD, so we did this, then they deactivated again, stating we had two accounts the other account couldn't close as had loan to it which is still there as unsure how to pay it back with numerous attempts to get transferred to our LTD company.

Anyway, ever so often, Amazon deactivates this original sole trader account, causing a Domino effect, the last being in November and December, the busiest times of the year. Also, Royal Mail lost 300 of our items. I think the UK doesn't like a small business.

Now Amazon has closed the original account again. Sole Trader is asking for proof that we are paying VAT and that we are a legitimate UK-based business. We went Ltd in 2022, and the sole trader account was just there because of a loan. We did not trade and ceased to exist in this entity. I sent lots of info showing we are a legitimate company but not giving answers. I just BOT emails back, but in our LTD company name, I have just sent as much as I can to show that the sole Trader ceases to exist.

but lost hope this work

Can anyone help? We have stock again with them, and they will start sending them back to us at our cost. Why is the UK government not protecting small businesses? This will crush me.

If this account is not re-opened, I think it will destroy my business as I have tax issues that have been going on for three years. If I do go bust, the loan with Amazon is under sole Trader, so I guess I will have to go bust in my name, too. How will I get this info to Amazon?

How can a foreign company in the UK close a UK business without a real solution to help small businesses? Sometimes, there is no option to send an email or call, and they always do guesswork about what they need.

This is shocking, but I am coming to the conclusion it isn't going to work, and I am thinking of starting another business and moving abroad where Amazon does not exist, maybe to MARS

Help, please. We are a legitimate business

Tags: Account Health
3 replies
3 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_QuM1AZgzfU9x4
In reply to: Seller_igSKz7GRHXroF’s post
This post has been deleted
user profile
Sarah_Amzn

Hello @Seller_igSKz7GRHXroF,

I'm Sarah with Amazon.

Thank you for posting on Forums.

I'll transfer your case to the Account Health team to ensure you receive the best possible support.

While your case is being transferred, you're welcome to continue discussing it here in this thread.

Regards,

Sarah.

user profile
Seller_VJ4XoAkjDpjPH

Hello @Seller_igSKz7GRHXroF,

This is Abella from Amazon, reaching out to help you with your query.

Thank you for providing a detailed explanation of your account and the issues you are facing.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide us with the very first performance notification you received at the time of deactivation, as well as the latest one. This will enable us to guide you accordingly with the next steps.

If you require additional assistance, feel free to post here, and either we or other sellers on the forum can assist you.

Regards,

Abella.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post