user profile
Sign in
user profile

Buyers get rich scheme on Amazon - everyone should know

by Seller_iwJp0LfqVksmO

Amazon is now refunding buyers for items received late whilst allowing them to keep the item. As most items are delivered late, buyers are making a killing. We recently sold an item (£329) which was shipped on time via Amazon shipping but delivered one day late, Two days later the buyer filed an A-Z claim citing the delivery was late. Amazon refunded the buyer and charged our account. Our Safe-T claim was rejected stating the delivery was late.

Believe me, I am not crazy, the customer collected the item and realised 2 days later that the delivery was one day passed the scheduled time and filed a claim. They got the item and a full refund. I will of course fight this case, but in meanwhile guys, let the world know of this Amazon get-rich policy for buyers and plaster it all over social media.

If anyone knows otherwise or has any advice, it will be much appreciated.

Tags: A to Z Claims, Customer, Refunds, SAFE-T
25 replies
25 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_12rBoUYg6ztkK
In reply to: Seller_iwJp0LfqVksmO’s post

Would you believe that most buyers do not know the product they have been told to keep by customer support is costing a small business money?

Anyway, I've read other post like this where the seller took direct action by sending a warning letter to the buyer explaining the unfair loss and threatening legal proceedings. It worked out for the seller in the end.

user profile
Seller_6eGr2cYMV8mCx

Amazon is refunding my buyers after 60 days when the policy clearly states that the limit is 30 days. If I raise a case with Amazon, then they just send me templated responses and nobody actually investigates the matter.

user profile
Seller_ZV8gmSf7II5m8

I am in the exact same boat one return not returned amazon blames me! Tracking shows nothing and the second was today she opened a-z after tracking showed attempted delivery was on time but the buyer only contacted me the other day 10 days after to say where is it I explained and it arrived yesterday. A-Z granted to them. At least other platforms have the integrity to listen to both sides and accept once in the hands of the courier we sellers have no control.

Amazon has to have the biggest fraudulent activity going

user profile
Seller_gpqqZ5FYuNK50

Almost as bad as ebay. Ebay you put not as described even months later and return an empty envelope. Full refund. You can file a police report, take a video of you receiving the package from the post mans hand to opening it on the spot and they still won't do anything.

I have had stuff stolen from FBA Warehouse before, coincidentally only high value stuff gets stolen especially around Christmas Time.

I asked the for the Seller Supports for name and the Manager and a contact number for the Police for the Theft Report.

I soon got reimbursed.

Difficult in your case if civil or criminal, but a similar angle and you should get paid.

I've had this happen what happened to you 7-8 times one item was £240. mainly £45-£50 items. 1 was 1 day late to Germany with full tracking.

After selling on Amazon a while you just get numb to being robbed, in my experience Amazon "lose" more stock than customers scam/steal.

Fortunately I'd say way less than 0.5% of stock the above situations happen to.

Sorry you had that experience!

Just a thought if you had sent by Special Delivery with Royal Mail you get compensation if late which I think may include to cover these situations?

user profile
Seller_tcjTAYWS9J4EP

A safe T only generally refunds 20% even if you are proven to be in the right. At what point doo we go straight to a small claims letter to the customer if the Amazon system is failing us as it isn't legal what the customer is doing

user profile
Seller_hz2AZ4BpEKcH2

I have had several claims for late delivery too.

The best one so far is a US customer claimed for later delivery 48 hours after placing the order.!

My store shipping settings are 10-12 days from UK->US which appears to make no difference to the Amazon algorithm.

The customer was given a full refund , I complained many times by email and phone with no luck. Unable to even raise a SAFE-T claim because of blah blah blah , nothing to do with the shipping time not being respected.

user profile
Seller_ifKoRXaefiAwC

Amazon did exactly same to my cousin. The item is worth over (£300). It is such a bad thing to do.

user profile
Seller_vNGUliyBfm8re

I'm speechless after reading this. I hope you get it sorted.

user profile
Seller_CtjwhmxNQjf3Y

I have been searching for the email but i am sure in 2024 there was a news from Amazon that after an A to Z has been granted, if the customer receives the item later we can reach out to the team and they will recharge the buyer?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post