user profile
Sign in
user profile

Compliance Documentation Getting Rejected

by Seller_xo3Cj7X6Pakfa

Hi anyone,

I am at my wits end with the compliance documentation that I have been asked for.

I have uploaded the Declaration of Conformity Docs and more based on the regulation requirements (EN71-1 and Toys Directive 2009/48/EC) but they keep getting rejected with no actual reason.

Getting hold of someone to actually review my documents is next to impossible as I keep getting an automated rejection response.

I seriously need help!

What am I doing wrong?

Tags: Compliance
73 replies
73 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc
In reply to: Seller_xo3Cj7X6Pakfa’s post

Does the brand and product details match ?

Are you fully verified on amazon as a business seller ?

user profile
Seller_WIndmNYDp7rQF

Wow just wow.
The op is putting themselves at massive risk of litigation.
Toys is a catergory we would steer well clear of, too much red tape.
If I was the OP i would forget this idea and put it down to a bad no a very bad descision.

user profile
Seller_9DYaWkPMIow10

You might want to take a look at https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/cross-border-compliance/responsible-person

We use Amazon as the EU responsible person for toys.

user profile
Seller_fMsCVAHNu4txH

Just to point out (as well) that your item is labelled as a ‘Toddler’ wooden puzzle, with a warning sticker right next to it saying “Not suitable for children under 36 months”

user profile
Seller_MAo514yIz77Tl

I would also not re list any items until you have your insurance sorted out. Parents don’t play if a toy or any child product injures their child.

user profile
Seller_k6eoEUabo3Exy

Hello @Allee_All_Sorts,

This is Noor from Amazon to assist you.

From the post above, I understand that you have concerns related to “Identity verification”.

The following information will help you to select the correct legal entity:

– Individual: You must only choose this legal entity if you do not sell for profit. Individual sellers may list unwanted personal items, such as old DVDs or books.
– UK Sole Proprietor: This legal entity is for any commercial individual who sells for profit. A Sole Proprietorship is registered with Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC). There is no legal distinction between the owner and the business.
– State-owned: A business that is either wholly or partially owned and operated by a government.
– Publicly-listed: A business with shares listed on a stock exchange for public trading.
– Privately-owned (such as Limited, Partnership, International Sole Proprietor): A business controlled and operated by private individuals.
– Charity: Incorporated or non-incorporated tax-exempt body.

To Know more about Verification Process please click here.

Note: There are several reasons why team may have declined to open your account. It may be because team were unable to verify your identity as required by applicable legislation.

Providing incomplete or inaccurate information is a common reason why verification may not be successful.

If you feel your information should have been successfully verified and would like to appeal, click here.

As for the products related concern, before listing any products on Amazon, Seller’s are to ensure that they have all valid, official documentations to verify the authenticity of the products. Documentations like letters of authorization, valid invoices fulfilling the requirements etc.

As correctly mentioned by @The_Little_Shop, drop shipping is a very serious violation in Amazon and it comes with multiple restrictions if you’re to follow it.

Do refer to the help pages mentioned and Amazon seller university for more details.

Kindly keep us posted if you have further queries, we would be more than happy to help you.

Thanks & Regards,
Noor

user profile
Seller_Wmt2PBduMkN6l

This is a constant battle we have with Amazon, we have loads of open cases with Seller Central. We get requests for EC DC for items that are exempt, and those that do need it just say “submitted” on the compliance page for months on end after we upload it.
We are brand registered and part of the same company that manufactures our goods.

user profile
Seller_TELpAUIVmogpz

Crikey. This scares like absolute life out of me as a parent. People willy nilly importing god knows what from China to sell to parents.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post