user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon Losing shipped in fba units of mine

by Seller_4K2qdiWADHllq

I use Amazon FBA barcode labels, which means you get the exact amount of labels that you need for each product that you aim to put in.

When I pick my products from my warehouse, I also count the items and then take them into a space that is fully empty so not one of these items could possibly go missing.

Now when working in my clear space which now only has my FBA barcode labels which has the correct number to the amount of units I have picked from my shelves, the fba barcode labels are all with me next to my FBA stock that I’m putting into FBA, I have my shipping box close by, take in mind that nothing can get lost here as there is nothing else nearby.

Now as I put my labels onto each FBA unit going into Amazon, I put it straight into my shipping box. Now if I had an fba label spare that means I have counted my stock incorrectly, but everytime my stock units for each item matches the exact correct amount of FBA barcodes so every unit I’m putting into FBA is correct that I declare I’m putting in.

But then when I go to my fba eveytime nearly they always seem to show a few less units than I had put in overall.

Now some of them you can click so amazon can investigate and then some of the options says “Investigation completed – shipment contents counted and confirmed”. I always thought that had Investigated and found the missing unit, but now I have come to notice that infact it can mean the opposite where they have investigated and did not find the unit so it means it must have not been placed in my shipping box in the first place and I was wrong, I know on these that I’m not possibly going to be wrong, the way I do my shipments, It’s impossible to make a mistake where I place less units in than there should be. I know amazon makes mistakes as I have had sometimes where it says I have placed more units in of some items than I actually have sometimes. That’s impossible to happen aswell.

Well anyway I homemade 5 units of each item of about 10 different products, I placed 2 of each in fba and kept 3 of each back. Well out of 10 of them products, amazon has lost 1 of 1 sku and 1 of another sku. These items was actually quite big aswell like 5cm x 1.2cm x 14cm type size so not sure how they managed that, I feel some of their employees are making mistakes and I’m paying the price. It’s hard enough to make money as it is in business, but if amazon are losing stock aswell and then making out you never sent it in, it makes it harder to make money.

Does anyone else have this type of thing happening to them aswell?

Tags: FBA, Lost shipment, Shipping, Shipping labels, Warehouse
11 replies
11 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_DTufFoxJuMU0M
In reply to: Seller_4K2qdiWADHllq’s post

Yeah they loose a few from my shipments nearly every time as well.

Same as you I print out the labels from the shipment screen which double checks my count (no labels left and no products left means count is right) someone else puts the labels on which triple checks the count, and nearly every shipment is missing items.

On saying that I am usually sending in 500ish at a time, so loosing 2/3 is not disastrous, but still adds up…

user profile
Seller_D3WNJqDO1qwGA

This is happening to me too, I have lost 10 items from one shipment out of 2 different boxes and two single items from two different shipments.

They refuse to accept they were there and just keep sending the same replies with the procedure explanations

There is no arguing, you never win with Amazon, they are right end of discussion.

I have requested CCTV footage from when the parcels are opened and the ignore the request.

user profile
Seller_834UhVGjibHya

But then when I go to my fba eveytime nearly they always seem to show a few less units than I had put in overall.

Welcome to Amazon FBA, we follow a similar workflow as yourself (printing exact labels, corralling the pick to a packing area etc) however this counting issue on delivery has been going on for years, as long as I can remember. They do actually count them the other way sometimes so sometimes you gain, sometimes you lose, its a roll of the dice.

Many people have reported this issue here on the forum but I have never seen anyone from Amazon take ownership or even acknowledge this as the systemic problem it is so you, we, just have to put it down to the cost of doing business on the platform.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post