user profile
Sign in
user profile

Need Help Reactivating My Account

by Seller_s8z54gUK4gSuw

So I havent used my seller account for 10 years and I recently have tried to reactivate it. I was asked to submit

-- A utility bill dated for piped gas, natural gas, electricity, piped water, mobile phone, fixed-line phone, or internet service

which I did, I took a picture of my electricity bill I received a few days ago which shows all the info amazon needs (Date,address,name,logo and so on)

but the info got rejected with the below message

"We completed our evaluation of your submission. We do not have enough information to remove the violation at this time."

I have submitted every bill I can think of and keep getting the above message. I have even asked in the message "If this is not enough information please let me know what I need to submit" but dont get any info what amazon want.

Now when I add info to the case it gets no reply and rejected within an hour.

How can i move forward with this? What info / bill does amazon need?

Tags: Deactivated
9 replies
9 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid
In reply to: Seller_s8z54gUK4gSuw’s post

Quote: We do not have enough information to remove the violation at this time."

That comment makes me wonder if your account was deactivated 10 years ago, because of a violation ? - can you remember if it was ?

Also,though I may be wrong, but I don't think they accept photos of bills, needs to be a PDF I think. Don't submit more than they are asking for - just confuses the matter. Another comment - which you may not realise, is that you should not start duplicate threads for the same topic - stick to just one as people end up replying on both.

You may need input from a forum mod - I will tag a couple for you @Julia_Amazon @Ezra_Amazon

user profile
Seller_mS10UjVYuuGor

Firstly everything needs to match, so if your registered as a limited company it needs to be in the company name and the address needs to match with the one Amazon has on file. If you've moved in the last ten years it might be worth checking.

I have heard stories of Amazon asking for some info and actually looking for a unique tax reference instead so if all other info matches what Amazon has on file try uploading the company UTR instead.

user profile
Seller_s8z54gUK4gSuw
In reply to: Seller_mS10UjVYuuGor’s post

Everything does match, I checked this at the start. My account is not registered as a business

user profile
Seller_k2X0L9mVRT0pW

ah - not registered as a business? Did you ever list your items as New rather than Used, which is all you are allowed if not registered as a business

user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid

Quote: "My account is not registered as a business"

Ah, that might explain it. Are you registered with an Individual Seller Account, rather than a Business seller account ? If so, and as said in above reply, you can ONLY sell off your own personal second-hand items (eg. book, DVDs,Cds etc) and NOT goods.listed as NEW.

If you plan to sell new goods you MUST have an Amazon BUSINESS seller account and be registered with HMRC as self-employed, and have given Amazon your UTR.

Apologies if I am assuming something that is not actually correct, but trying to help. Unfortunately most of these immediate 'decisions' are all done by bot - since you last sold the bots have taken over much of Amazon !

user profile
Seller_s8z54gUK4gSuw
In reply to: Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid’s post

thanks for the information, I plan to sell only used items, yes I think the bots are automatically closing my replys

user profile
Seller_k2X0L9mVRT0pW

Yes but 10yrs ago did you list items "New"?

user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid

Quote: "I plan to sell only used items,"

It also depends if you buy the goods with the intention of selling on for profit, or if the items are just all your own personal items. 'Stillhere's' question is very valid., as relates to your seller account 10 years ago.

I sell all used books, but still have a Business seller account, as I buy them specifically to sell on, and am registered as self-employed with HMRC.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post