user profile
Sign in
user profile

Can a customer use a postman`s imagine without his permission.

by Seller_40ozsHlGqPuEL

Hi all,

Can a customer use a postman`s imagine without his permission? A customer has been scanned and the delivery was made. However, when I produced the evidence of delivery. Then the customer stated order was delivered. With ONE product missing parts missing.

She also uploaded an image of her postman(?) holding a letters in his hand. Scribbled across the imagine in red pointing at his hand "look his got a black bag"

You cannot see the customer`s address nor the actual RM48 item. It`s a door cam pic so a little blurry. You make out the guy`s face though.

All the picture proves i she had a delivery. In no way does it prove it`s missing parts. According to RM we sent as one large letter. I think the order were made at the same time.

I am going to part offer her a part refund or part replace.

However, I am somewhat uncomfortable and wonder about the data protection element. Does the postman want his imagine, or indeed if the customer does the same again and there are young school children walking pass.

I don`t want to sound too PC, but I am a person who follows Amazon policy and heck maybe the postman does not want his imagine over amazon.

Maybe one of the AZ mods. could give me some help.

I hope, I am not coming across too foolish, any thoughts would be helpful,

Thanks.

Tags: Buyer messages
10 replies
10 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ZJhFeE3tNKzfh
In reply to: Seller_40ozsHlGqPuEL’s post

It probably is infringing on data protection somewhere sure - but I'm not really sure who you would report it to? You could probably report the message to amazon - but highly doubt anything would be done with it.

user profile
Seller_kKOdRZuhZIPPS

If it were me, I'd just ignore the photo - Amazon wont care.

user profile
Seller_mS10UjVYuuGor

To put this in perspective the postman's image isn't 'over Amazon' it was only sent to you (pointless though it maybe to prove the customers case).

Should the customer have sought the post person's permission first? probably, but equally do you know for sure that they don't have his permission?

Being captured on doorbell cameras will happen many times a day to post people.

The only law relating to doorbell cameras is that they don't overlook others private spaces, such as looking through their windows. Capturing people of any age walking past is not a crime, in fact if anything happened to anyone walking past the first thing the police would be asking for is the door cam footage.

user profile
Seller_0ldqw4TKfGF4f

You can take photos of people in public and the image has a fair & proper purpose. Yes you are being far too PC ha

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post