user profile
Sign in
user profile

Charge Method Issues: Debit Card Suddenly Not Accepted After Renewal

by Seller_LZwpJ4i9SF48G

My charge method worked for several months after I renewed my card because it expired. Then, suddenly, I received a message that my charge method is not valid. I checked my details in the charge method section and ensured they are correct. I even updated them again, but they are still not accepted, even though I have waited 48 hours as suggested by other forum members.

I also read that some forum members say that a credit card is required, but I have been an experienced seller here on Amazon for over five years and have never been asked for a charge method other than a debit card. It very much depends on the country you are in, and I understood that both debit and credit cards are suitable for sellers from European Union member states.

I also contacted my bank to make sure the problem is not with my card settings. The bank confirmed that everything is fine on their end.

I don't know what to do now. I have been blocked for almost a month. Please help.

Tags: Bank account, Credit card, Payments, Policy, Verification
30 replies
30 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_KlbXZHzQGSDZv
In reply to: Seller_LZwpJ4i9SF48G’s post

Which bank is the debit card issued to (some are valid some months and not others) Also as you mentioned Amazon prefer a credit card for taking your money sort of gaurantees you will pay it. Debit cards you can be out of money with.

user profile
Seller_N8sdIVWmCyj2a

hi, I stared a post about this about a month ago after having the same issue (I also just posted again asking for some help) I have also had no help whatsoever, very disappointing.

I’m assuming it’s a glitch

Every Monday I get a email telling me that my payment is on its way then I get a email telling me charge method is invalid. (It’s not)I have found if you re add the card it says it’s been verified but then it says your still locked out? After a few tries or re added the card the next morning it usually works again. It’s not great and very frustrating.

user profile
Seller_jZiG4OnY755i0

@Spencer_Amazon

Please could you look into this, I have been experiencing the same issue every time I make a disbursement. I have contacted seller support and opened numerous cases to address this issue but have always had irrelevant response from seller support!

user profile
Seller_pZPUigSoKl3Mk

Did you try another browser? I had a problem with Lloyds card and the problem was in incorrect redirection to Lloyds to confirm card

user profile
Spencer_Amazon

Hello @Seller_LZwpJ4i9SF48G, @Seller_N8sdIVWmCyj2a, @Seller_jZiG4OnY755i0,

I am Spencer with Amazon.

Do you have a case ID you can share with me so I can look into it?

Regards, Spencer

user profile
Seller_N8sdIVWmCyj2a
In reply to: Spencer_Amazon’s post

any update @Spencer_Amazon

As like clockwork for the 5 week in a row my card has been listed as invalid when Amazon pushes my disbursement, received a email at 18:29pm to say my payment is on its way and then a email at 18:32pm with the usual “Action Required: Please Update Your Amazon Selling Account Credit Card”

Re added the card says it’s been verified but still can’t get into my account can see Amazon has also taken £1 from me as well for verification. I

user profile
Seller_HMiWF1hCW7oMZ
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_HMiWF1hCW7oMZ
In reply to: Seller_HMiWF1hCW7oMZ’s post

If I change my addres in the normal buyer account,will that also be changed in the seller's one? I thhink the issue is that the card registered address doesnt match the one in the seller's account.

user profile
Seller_wAn7LAlr0jsID
In reply to: Seller_N8sdIVWmCyj2a’s post

This is the exact same problem we have, if it's happening the same way to your account and ours and many others that must mean something is wrong with the system.

Card is used in the UK no problem, EU marketplace countries the same card details get verified and then when payment disbursement happens we get “Action Required: Please Update Your Amazon Selling Account Credit Card”

user profile
Seller_N8sdIVWmCyj2a
In reply to: Seller_wAn7LAlr0jsID’s post

it’s so frustrating it been going on for over a month now, the same thing every Monday then can’t get back into my account until Tuesday morning. It must be a system glitch.

user profile
Seller_N8sdIVWmCyj2a

@Spencer_Amazon please any update? this has happened again to me again tonight, this is really frustrating it has been over a month in fact 6 weeks in a row with no help or fix, and have seen many other sellers facing the same issue with this glitch.

user profile
Seller_LZwpJ4i9SF48G

It would be nice if someone could help us, but it seems that even Amazon representatives can't help us for more than a month. It is unfathomable. Anyway, someone from Amazon please help us solve this problem! Our accounts are partially blocked due to some kind of glitch and we can't send a new product to FBA or get profit, we have big losses due to some kind of system error. Please help to solve this as soon as possible. Thank you.

user profile
Spencer_Amazon
In reply to: Seller_jZiG4OnY755i0’s post

Hello @Seller_LZwpJ4i9SF48G, @Seller_N8sdIVWmCyj2a, @Seller_jZiG4OnY755i0,

I heard back from our partner team.

Can you please enter the card information again, and retry the verification process?

Please let me know if it is successful or not.

Regards, Spencer

user profile
Seller_LZwpJ4i9SF48G

I just re-entered my card information and received an email within seconds from Amazon Mexico. Not sure, but I think this glitch is related to the Mexican marketplace because, despite selecting the US marketplace when I click "Replace charge method", the email about the unable to verify the charge method comes from Amazon Mexico.

user profile
Seller_N8sdIVWmCyj2a

I have re entered my card every Monday evening for the last 6 weeks when the Amazon disbursement causes it to be come invalid.

It tells me it’s Verified and the account page tells me it’s active but I can’t get back into my account until Tuesday morning this takes several tries. I also noticed Amazon takes £1 every time I try and re add the card so there is clearly nothing wrong with my bank or card.

This is a glitch with Amazon me and other sellers shouldn’t have to repeat this process every week. It would be helpful if this issue could be fixed as it been over a month.

user profile
Seller_N8sdIVWmCyj2a
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_LZwpJ4i9SF48G

@Seller_N8sdIVWmCyj2a @Seller_jZiG4OnY755i0@Seller_wAn7LAlr0jsID@Seller_J2H5GprhaORbt

Do you currently have, or have you ever had, an active Mexico marketplace? I tried to restore the card data by selecting the US marketplace, but I received an email from Amazon Mexico in Spanish stating they were unable to verify my payment method.

Maybe we need to delete the Mexico marketplace? I don't even use it and I have the status set to 'Vacation' there.

Message from mx marketplace:

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post