user profile
Sign in
user profile

When do I need to be VAT Registered when I am based in the UK?

by Seller_qA6ICk1g2Auav

Hello,

I have recently started selling on Amazon and I was wondering when I need to be VAT Registered, considering I am based in the UK? I had a read through the government’s website and it states that I do not have to charge VAT if I am under the threshold of 85k, however there is no article on Amazon to confirm this. Could anyone help me out?

Many thanks.

Tags: Registration
6 replies
6 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc
In reply to: Seller_qA6ICk1g2Auav’s post

Amazon don’t offer VAT / Tax advice
It’s down to you, via sourcing info from the relevant government to ensure you are adhering to local laws

Always speak with your accountant or phone HMRC

As it is, £85k is the current threshold for VAT registration in UK for a UK based seller

Although depending on what you sell, voluntarily registering is sometimes advisable - hence speaking with an accountant who knows your current situation is recommended

user profile
Julia_Amzn

Hello @ MAGNETO_PEN,

Welcome to Amazon and Seller Forums!

@ The_Little_Shop thank you for your engagement in this thread and the valuable information.

@ MAGNETO_PEN, I share also resources about VAT in UK in case you haven´t reviewed them yet. Maybe it will give you a bigger picture:

VAT resources page
HMRC guidance note

If you still have doubts, you can always contact the Seller Support via your Seller Central platform

If you have more questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out!

Happy selling on Amazon!

Julia.

user profile
Julia_Amzn

Hi @ Neil,

Seller Support does answer questions regarding VAT if it impacts the Amazon seller account. If questions are more complex, Seller Support transfers request to another team which is specialized in VAT topic.

I wasn´t clear in my previous comment Sorry about that.

Have a nice evening everyone,

Julia.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post