user profile
Sign in
user profile

Annoying A-Z claim : Buyer clearly committing theft and fraud

by Seller_UWHIrg10u7Yh2

An interesting A-Z claim which is currently in review and we want to share.

Buyer ordered a product 2 weeks ago
Product shipped by us using Amazon purchased shipping
Buyer raises a return request highlighting product “condition not good and product not as expected” (without any pictures). Amazon auto authorise the return request as per Amazon return policy (fine with us)
Buyer contacts a week later asking for a refund
We advise the buyer the product return tracking label is still pending return and the return label shows EVRI is still expecting the parcel, once the product has a first scan, Amazon will auto refund the customer.
The buyer still forces us to refund the money saying product not as expected and they have probably returned (another lie), however no evidence of neither of the above provided.
We advised the customer to contact Amazon customer services who then raised an A-Z claim which is currently under review with a reason “Product is different to expected”

So far, the customer has provided no pictures / any evidence of any issues with product or even returned the product as EVRI tracking is showing (we are expecting the parcel to arrive with us soon), though customer is claiming we have returned the product. The A- Z claim is raised with the reason “Product is different to expected”. A clear example of customer online theft and Amazon known for supporting such of these customers at the expense and loss of sellers.

What could be the outcome?

If A-Z claim is against us, we plan to file a theft case against the customer with Amazon another party in this theft. Also file a small claims case on Amazon to get our product and money back? Please advise if which one or both of these is recommended? How have sellers dealt with such a situation before?

Thanks in advance

Tags: A to Z Claims, Customer, Product reviews
17 replies
17 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_XyKgb2gD47pVo
In reply to: Seller_UWHIrg10u7Yh2’s post

This place WILL destroy your soul.

user profile
Seller_D59sukg3PflcJ
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_D59sukg3PflcJ

Hi @FASHIONSFOREVERUK

This is Aksh from Amazon and I’m here to assist you with your concerns.

Based on my observations from your post, I want to provide you with a sense of direction moving forward.

Firstly, customers must first contact you and give you an opportunity to resolve their issue. Customers are not eligible to raise an A-to-z Guarantee Claim (“Claim”) without contacting you first.

We would recommend you to appeal the A-to-z Guarantee claim.

If Amazon grants a claim in favour of a customer (automatically or post investigation), you have 30 calendar days to appeal and request a further investigation. If you do not appeal within 30 calendar days, the claim will be closed and any negative impact to your Order Defect Rate cannot be reversed. For more information, go to How to appeal an A-to-z Guarantee Claim, About A-to-z Guarantee claims.

I appreciate you providing updates about your account. Please continue to post any relevant information in relation to this topic so it can be addressed at a later time.

Regards,
Aksh.

user profile
Seller_g9A9pMrqcDqa1

I would not have advised the buyer to contact CS as they are known for giving incorrect advice and opening A-Z claims rather than dealing with the issues.

I had a claim a while ago where the buyer claimed they had returned it but the tracking showed they had not dropped it off at Evri, Amazon granted the A-Z but they funded it and it did not impact my metrics. I would have thought that Amazon will either do this or advise the buyer to return it for a refund.

user profile
Seller_DROodOAYHftnc

That is what I was talking about in my above post - as you say, CS often give wrong advice and do not follow policy.

user profile
Seller_qI3WZd3b16gTH

Has anyone ever won an A-Z Claim ???

In 15 years I have always lost, I only use Royal Mail and deal direct and have my parcels collected.

Because of this my high value items are only sold on Ebay

I also stopped FBA 2 years ago due to Amazon refunding.

Life now is much better less stressful.

user profile
Seller_ZYNjWjpd9wbWi

Hi,
Is the above true?

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4

To determine who pays for the return will be based on the reason for the return below:-

If the reason for return is performance or quality not adequate then it falls under the heading buyers resonsibility. If item is defective or does not work will fall under the seller responsibility. Sellers are encouraged not to refund the order until the order is returned. All orders are scanned once at the return point and second upon delivery. If the order is not scanned at the return point this means buyer has not yet started the return process.

If the buyer hasnt provided you any pictures of the damage which is usually what the courier requests when putting in a claim for damage then you can almost be certain the claim maybe not be genuine. Just to point out we have had several last few months which alleged the order was damaged and would not provide any pictures of the damage which drew adverse conclusions to the claim.

user profile
Seller_UWHIrg10u7Yh2

Hello,

An interesting update on this A-Z claim.

We received an email from Amazon A-Z claim team yesterday evening asking for more information to be provided within 72 hours highlighting the buyer has provided a Parcelshop provided 8-digit receipt-number screenshot (this receipt-number starts with “P”) with a delivery date of 24/05. Most of us who use EVRI will know of this blue receipt which has a 8-digit tracking number starting with “P” and is provided by the Parcelshop person on the till after scanning 1 or multiple parcels.

Though the 8-digit receipt id never used to work on EVRI-tracking till a few weeks ago, this time we just did a quick check on EVRI-tracking for the 8-digit receipt-number starting with “P” and this was a delight. This shop-receipt has now started working, this receipt-id displayed 7 parcels (with their respective tracking-numbers starting with “T00”) returned as a part of this receipt for other orders, however didn’t had our order return tracking number.

One good outcome is EVRI tracking now supports 8-digit tracking numbers for the blue 8-digit receipt-id and also shows parcels with parcel-details included in that receipt.

This was a good enough evidence to reply back as our return parcel label number is not included in the shop-parcel-receipt and hence never returned and even got the first scan.

The A-Z claim team could had this basic check themselves ; or is there an opportunity for a seller not carrying out this due diligence and paying the cost !

Also, sent screenshot evidences for
a). Amazon-provided return-tracking-number screenshot
b). EVRI website tracking screenshot showing our return-tracking-number never returned
c). EVRI Parcelshop receipt screenshot showing 7 other parcels returned but not the one for this order

Will keep posted on any further updates!

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post