Sign in
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_X3x28iI3d9qJv

Why have I suddenly been bombarded with EC conformity document requirements.

As a seller of 15 years I do get the odd request when selling toys for a EC conformity document but suddenly last night recieved 20 requirements and they are still coming in.. Why the sudfden influx? Am I alone? What I do not understand why pick on me when Amazon and other sellers are permitted to contunue selling the same toys THese are ALL already CE certified by the manufacturers on the boxes.As a sole trader obtaining all this paperwork will be nigh impossible when trying to run other aspects of my business.

Is it worth contuning to sell toys?

1.4K views
50 replies
Tags:Product authenticity
50 replies
user profile
Seller_ZJhFeE3tNKzfh

Yep - bots have clearly run wild. It's not just toys mind - we've got craft kits that are not aimed at kids - we had about 25 added on as well which we now need to go into all of them and state they are not aimed at under 14s.

user profile
Seller_RlZVPg3d6ZUGP

I've got loads too, most of mine are greetings cards

user profile
Seller_i38MVIJDH23AY

I am nearly on 200 in every market place. Goes up every time I check it.

Hours and hours of work.

user profile
Seller_sJUyozDeS1DKy

post.s it started last night and still going up we had over 200 now qnd listing removed as well what is going on

user profile
Seller_dWnjnh5FY7ZpS

What is even more frustrating is having ASIN Removal Notifications that state we have been previously asked for conformity documentation when that is an absolute lie. This means the listings are now deactivated and unavailable for sale, despite us having the documents but needing time to process the ASINs that need it and take photos from the angles needed (which are obviously not the angles a customer wants to see a product in). The above gives no lead time to provide the documents - it's a real shambles. I remember when this happened some four or five years ago. It was chaos - Amazon basically requested the documentation for well over 50% of most toy sellers' listings. It's just ridiculous to suddenly decide the products are needing this kind of documentation. It is like suddenly needing approval to sell a brand you have been selling for several years. It's just nonsensical.

user profile
Seller_ngBNR1oaQIhlr

I've been watching this all day. It's happened in Toys before. Once you click on product compliance requests, keep an eye on completed requests. I'm not appealing on any, however more and more items are moving on into completed. My advice for now, is to wait and see what happens to them in the next few days.

user profile
Seller_FZJiyCoTnOJZs

I have received several of these for DVDs - no doubt my appeal pointing out that these are NOT toys will be rejected.

user profile
Seller_7mVxE8D2yOFvP

Yesterday I received 56 separate emails for compliance requests. When I logged in to check which products needed documents uploading there were just 4 listed in my dashboard.

Today I have logged in and there is now just one. It's an utter shambles.

user profile
Seller_mBzMy5fGvPFrw

111 emails received in 24 hours with subject "Notification of ASIN removal"

Mainly old products we used to sell back in 2015/16

user profile
Seller_VUcjClrPIVFRy

Unfortunately we have had the same issue, popular lines that have been selling for years suddenly now wanting documents. Seems annoying how they can't summarise emails either rather than individual emails.

Keep an eye out to see if any items drop off and no longer require documents. Although this seems a random process as very similar items or same still require documents.

I don't know how Amazon think this is acceptable, considering this is right before Prime Day unless this is coincidence so they can get more focus on their products perhaps?

user profile
Seller_X3x28iI3d9qJv

As a seller of 15 years I do get the odd request when selling toys for a EC conformity document but suddenly last night recieved 20 requirements and they are still coming in.. Why the sudfden influx? Am I alone? What I do not understand why pick on me when Amazon and other sellers are permitted to contunue selling the same toys THese are ALL already CE certified by the manufacturers on the boxes.As a sole trader obtaining all this paperwork will be nigh impossible when trying to run other aspects of my business.

1.4K views
50 replies
user profile

by Seller_X3x28iI3d9qJv

1.4K views
50 replies
50 replies
50 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ZJhFeE3tNKzfh

Yep - bots have clearly run wild. It's not just toys mind - we've got craft kits that are not aimed at kids - we had about 25 added on as well which we now need to go into all of them and state they are not aimed at under 14s.

user profile
Seller_RlZVPg3d6ZUGP

user profile
Seller_i38MVIJDH23AY

Hours and hours of work.

user profile
Seller_sJUyozDeS1DKy

post.s it started last night and still going up we had over 200 now qnd listing removed as well what is going on

user profile
Seller_dWnjnh5FY7ZpS

What is even more frustrating is having ASIN Removal Notifications that state we have been previously asked for conformity documentation when that is an absolute lie. This means the listings are now deactivated and unavailable for sale, despite us having the documents but needing time to process the ASINs that need it and take photos from the angles needed (which are obviously not the angles a customer wants to see a product in). The above gives no lead time to provide the documents - it's a real shambles. I remember when this happened some four or five years ago. It was chaos - Amazon basically requested the documentation for well over 50% of most toy sellers' listings. It's just ridiculous to suddenly decide the products are needing this kind of documentation. It is like suddenly needing approval to sell a brand you have been selling for several years. It's just nonsensical.

user profile
Seller_ngBNR1oaQIhlr

I've been watching this all day. It's happened in Toys before. Once you click on product compliance requests, keep an eye on completed requests. I'm not appealing on any, however more and more items are moving on into completed. My advice for now, is to wait and see what happens to them in the next few days.

user profile
Seller_FZJiyCoTnOJZs

I have received several of these for DVDs - no doubt my appeal pointing out that these are NOT toys will be rejected.

user profile
Seller_7mVxE8D2yOFvP

Yesterday I received 56 separate emails for compliance requests. When I logged in to check which products needed documents uploading there were just 4 listed in my dashboard.

user profile
Seller_mBzMy5fGvPFrw

user profile
Seller_VUcjClrPIVFRy

Unfortunately we have had the same issue, popular lines that have been selling for years suddenly now wanting documents. Seems annoying how they can't summarise emails either rather than individual emails.

Keep an eye out to see if any items drop off and no longer require documents. Although this seems a random process as very similar items or same still require documents.

I don't know how Amazon think this is acceptable, considering this is right before Prime Day unless this is coincidence so they can get more focus on their products perhaps?

user profile
Seller_ZJhFeE3tNKzfh

user profile
Seller_ZJhFeE3tNKzfh

user profile
Seller_RlZVPg3d6ZUGP

user profile
Seller_RlZVPg3d6ZUGP

user profile
Seller_i38MVIJDH23AY

Hours and hours of work.

user profile
Seller_i38MVIJDH23AY

Hours and hours of work.

user profile
Seller_sJUyozDeS1DKy

user profile
Seller_sJUyozDeS1DKy

user profile
Seller_dWnjnh5FY7ZpS

user profile
Seller_dWnjnh5FY7ZpS

user profile
Seller_ngBNR1oaQIhlr

user profile
Seller_ngBNR1oaQIhlr

user profile
Seller_FZJiyCoTnOJZs

user profile
Seller_FZJiyCoTnOJZs

user profile
Seller_7mVxE8D2yOFvP

user profile
Seller_7mVxE8D2yOFvP

user profile
Seller_mBzMy5fGvPFrw

user profile
Seller_mBzMy5fGvPFrw

user profile
Seller_VUcjClrPIVFRy

user profile
Seller_VUcjClrPIVFRy