user profile
Sign in
user profile

FBA fee issue

by Seller_wq4ihSXydH3Rf

Hi all I’m new to this. I’ve been charged over 50% in FBA fees on most of my sales so far. (New listing 12 days old) Now for the past 3 days im being charged about 30%. Why is there a difference?

Tags: Fees, Images, Listings
19 replies
Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_BS5lg2keRs2QO
In reply to: Seller_wq4ihSXydH3Rf’s post

No. Amazon wouldn’t collect the VAT on domestic sales - it’d be your job to report your VAT figures to HMRC each quarter. They would though stop charging VAT on the fees and you would account for them as “reverse charge” - essentially accounting for them as both an income and an expense so they are neutral.

Jump to reply
19 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_NoMNQDGnEW5Bx

Did you check the fees before you listed? Are the measurements right on the listing? Are they all UK - UK sales? Are these all the same items?

user profile
Seller_BS5lg2keRs2QO

The actual fees including VAT for your item is the £4.42. The £2.96 is because the referral fee isn’t being charged, I don’t know exactly why, but other sellers have mentioned a promotion for new sellers that has something like no referral fees for certain days at the start of a month.

user profile
Seller_wq4ihSXydH3Rf

UK. If your business turnover is less than £85K VAT is not compulsory. You can register for VAT voluntarily.

user profile
Seller_8PqdYLL8nb4uF
There are no more posts to display
Go to original post