user profile
Sign in
user profile

Return automatically authorised + refund by Amazon, no return received, Safe-T claim denied

by Seller_HFVt2oFsT0nRo

Hi everyone,

Has anyone experienced this kind of unfair treatment?

Amazon automatically authorized a return (due to the customer's fault), refunded the buyer, as we never received any return, we filed a Safe-T claim, but it was denied twice.

Am I missing something or is this abuse standard?

Tags: SAFE-T
15 replies
15 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ZJhFeE3tNKzfh
In reply to: Seller_HFVt2oFsT0nRo’s post

If its an FBM order and amazon supplied a Prepaid Return Label - then at the point hte customer returned the item, then refund at first scan will take place.

If the return is then lost in the post, amazons policies state you should claim via the courier - a Safe-T Claim will be denied.

user profile
Seller_cFnEnKoh5yC77
In reply to: Seller_ZJhFeE3tNKzfh’s post

We had the exact same issue and royal mail rejected the claim as we were not the account owner its so wrong

user profile
Seller_ZJhFeE3tNKzfh
In reply to: Seller_cFnEnKoh5yC77’s post

I've complained numerous times to amazon, have raised it in webinars, on Ask Us Anythings on this forum. The issue is simply ignored by the business.

The issue is, there is no-one else to complain to.

user profile
Seller_HFVt2oFsT0nRo

Would any of the Amzon moderator look into this urgent issue where sellers cannot make any claim with the carriers as we are not the senders?

user profile
Seller_ZJhFeE3tNKzfh

You'd be better off nailing that request to a frisbee and flinging it over a rainbow.

Not one soul at amazon has wanted to sort this in two years.

user profile
Seller_HFVt2oFsT0nRo

This seller support is extremely poor, forcing communication with bots or agents who merely paste random links to close inquiries.

user profile
Seller_GNZnVcGNo6mDw

Hi

Just for your information. When we are informed of a loss we register the claim online using Royal Mails claims process. We select postage purchased online and how much we paid for the delivery also provide all the information requested. Upload the relevant document to support the claim such as the retail cost of the product. Most of our claims fall below the £20 so they are dispatched using an untracked service. Most customers receive their order within 2 working days. Usually takes 30 days to process the claim which does not include the 10 working days before you can register the claim.

user profile
Seller_PU8ypkNZEJU9p

I love that when we deliver items with Tracking, Photos and Signatures customers get refunded, yet with us customers get refunded before they even send it and when tracking shows it's not even delivered they don't refund us hahaha. I might contact Trading Standards this week as I am sure Marketplaces have to be imparital with their decisions when it involves refunds

user profile
Seller_0msMReDTskp1Y

We're going through the same thing as the moment except the returns courier was Evri, who lost the item within a day of the customer handing it over.

Safe-T claim denied stating we should claim from Evri, Evri don't want to know as we didn't buy the shipping.

Really poor form from Amazon to deny these claims in the full knowledge that sellers cannot claim from the couriers.

user profile
Seller_JUZcSkP5MplMd

Yes a few times, it's another Amazon disaster. No opportunity to interact with the customer to resolve the problem or offer a replacement.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post