user profile
Sign in
user profile

Return automatically authorised + refund by Amazon, no return received, Safe-T claim denied

by Seller_HFVt2oFsT0nRo

Hi everyone,

Has anyone experienced this kind of unfair treatment?

Amazon automatically authorized a return (due to the customer's fault), refunded the buyer, as we never received any return, we filed a Safe-T claim, but it was denied twice.

Am I missing something or is this abuse standard?

Tags: SAFE-T
9 replies
9 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ZJhFeE3tNKzfh
In reply to: Seller_HFVt2oFsT0nRo’s post

If its an FBM order and amazon supplied a Prepaid Return Label - then at the point hte customer returned the item, then refund at first scan will take place.

If the return is then lost in the post, amazons policies state you should claim via the courier - a Safe-T Claim will be denied.

user profile
Seller_HFVt2oFsT0nRo
In reply to: Seller_ZJhFeE3tNKzfh’s post

Thank you for your advise BUT Royal Mail will reject any claim as we are not the RM account holder but Amazon is.

Royal Mail states:

Claims for items posted on account must be made by the sender using the dedicated Account Claim Form found on our How to make an account mail claim

user profile
Seller_ZJhFeE3tNKzfh
In reply to: Seller_HFVt2oFsT0nRo’s post

I agree and I've been complaining to amazon about it since they introduced Refund at First Scan - but this is the scam that amazon and Royal Mail have concocted.

The policy that states you are supposed to claim via Royal Mail is here

We found we couldn't claim as Royal Mail expected us to know where the sender had posted the item. There simply isn't a system setup in Royal Mail to allow you to claim.

user profile
Seller_Rvj1153dOprkQ

I've had this in the past too.

Amazon say go to Royal Mail...Royal Mail say go to the sender.

The whole return system on there is way too easy to manipulate from buyers and Amazon to us sellers.

user profile
Seller_cFnEnKoh5yC77

We had the exact same issue and royal mail rejected the claim as we were not the account owner its so wrong

user profile
Seller_ZJhFeE3tNKzfh
In reply to: Seller_cFnEnKoh5yC77’s post

I've complained numerous times to amazon, have raised it in webinars, on Ask Us Anythings on this forum. The issue is simply ignored by the business.

The issue is, there is no-one else to complain to.

user profile
Seller_HFVt2oFsT0nRo

Would any of the Amzon moderator look into this urgent issue where sellers cannot make any claim with the carriers as we are not the senders?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post