user profile
Sign in
user profile

VTR for Royal Mail 1st/2nd class major issue

by Seller_KAWWftfFNL5CB

We send 100s of small items a week via 2nd class large letter via our click and drop account due to getting business rates. But as click and drop do not sent this across as 2nd class and just standard it’s killing our VTR.

Is the only way to buy the postage through Amazon and lose out on our business rate? These are all low value items so the pence does count on this wether we end up making a profit or loss on these items

Tags: Seller Support
10 replies
10 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_d8YGbIjNqwFxn
In reply to: Seller_KAWWftfFNL5CB’s post

I posted a thread about this a while ago

https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/seller-forums/discussions/t/2183ae53-fe07-43dd-8ba0-da4bd5c6ac5b

Unfortunately Amazon do not see 2nd Class Large Letter post brought on account as valid for VTR. It hammers your VTR rate.

However Amazon do verify the delivery confirmation number in the background and you do not get suspended.

I have moved away totally from 2nd Class Large Letter post. Mostly because it also does not update the buyer showing the item being delivered. In my instance this was leading to a lot of fraudulent INR claims.

If you are VAT registered than Royal Mail 48 works okay with VTR. It is also cheaper then 2nd Class large letter post from July if VAT registered.

user profile
Seller_d8YGbIjNqwFxn

Currently it is but only by a couple of pence for 100 gram and 250 gram. Other tiers I am not sure as I don't use them.

As I stated in my post when the price rises for 2nd Class on Account start in July then CRL48 will be cheaper again.

user profile
Seller_zkETYNYu5AkMT
Show post
CRL48 is more expensive than Second Class Large Letters as royal mail charges different types of surcharges such as Normal Surcharge for using CRL Service and Green Surcharge.
user profile
Seller_IQo80d99W2DzP
In reply to: Seller_d8YGbIjNqwFxn’s post

Talk to your RM Account manager.

They offered RM Tracked 48 Large Letter cheaper than CRL Large Letter for anything above 100 grams.

£150 transit cover, and up to 1Kg for a fixed price.

They need to specifically add Large Letter though, as usually it only sets up with Tracked 48 Parcel rate.

Under 100 grams was still cheaper with CRL - Scanned when delivered (or supposed to be!) - we add a bright label on the Large Letter to remind to scan

user profile
Seller_d8YGbIjNqwFxn
In reply to: Seller_IQo80d99W2DzP’s post

For whatever reason Amazon do not consider BPL1 and BPL2 valid for VTR.

They also do not update buyers that the item has been delivered. So you are very lucky you are not getting any fraudulent INR complaints from customers.

user profile
Seller_MLVV0MRyhhFnM
Show post
All BPL1 & BLP2 brought through RM should automatically be regarded as positive & confirmed delivery .
user profile
Seller_IQo80d99W2DzP
In reply to: Seller_d8YGbIjNqwFxn’s post

Using Buy Shipping, with RM Account linked. Then Tracked 48 Large Letter - on Buy Shipping this is called: Royal Mail Tracked 48 (LBT). Tracked 24 also available: Royal Mail Tracked 24 (LBT).

Includes up to 1Kg (although Amazon max shows 750g) - input large letter size max of course, if larger, then it is a small parcel rate of course, not this code

user profile
Seller_MLVV0MRyhhFnM

Greetings All,

We use Royal Mail click & drop and use BPL1 and BPL2.

Our VTR is 34.42%. I asked Amazon to resolve this issue about 2 months ago. Amazon has not as yet sorted this out.

All BPL1 & BLP2 brought through RM should automatically be regarded as positive & confirmed delivery .

Further Amazon VTR policy accepts BLP1 & BLP2 as valid posting options.

None of my buyers have said they have not received their parcel - so what ever the problem is - RM or Amazon software - Amazon should mark all BPL1 and BLP2 as successfully delivered - so my VTR should by 100%

user profile
Seller_58y2FhNkywdyp

you can link your click and drop to your amazon account and still get your current rates,

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post