user profile
Sign in
user profile

VTR for Royal Mail 1st/2nd class major issue

by Seller_KAWWftfFNL5CB

We send 100s of small items a week via 2nd class large letter via our click and drop account due to getting business rates. But as click and drop do not sent this across as 2nd class and just standard it’s killing our VTR.

Is the only way to buy the postage through Amazon and lose out on our business rate? These are all low value items so the pence does count on this wether we end up making a profit or loss on these items

Tags: Seller Support
10 replies
10 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_d8YGbIjNqwFxn
In reply to: Seller_KAWWftfFNL5CB’s post

I posted a thread about this a while ago

https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/seller-forums/discussions/t/2183ae53-fe07-43dd-8ba0-da4bd5c6ac5b

Unfortunately Amazon do not see 2nd Class Large Letter post brought on account as valid for VTR. It hammers your VTR rate.

However Amazon do verify the delivery confirmation number in the background and you do not get suspended.

I have moved away totally from 2nd Class Large Letter post. Mostly because it also does not update the buyer showing the item being delivered. In my instance this was leading to a lot of fraudulent INR claims.

If you are VAT registered than Royal Mail 48 works okay with VTR. It is also cheaper then 2nd Class large letter post from July if VAT registered.

user profile
Seller_KAWWftfFNL5CB
In reply to: Seller_d8YGbIjNqwFxn’s post

we are in the process of becoming VAT registered I did see your thread but it was locked so could not respond.

We use click and drop integration but noticed you can link the RM account in the shipping settings on Amazon would this make a difference?

What service code is the 48hr service you mentioned. That will be cheaper than 2nd class large letter?

user profile
Seller_d8YGbIjNqwFxn

If you link your RM account then you can't buy 2nd Class Large Letter on account through Buy Shipping you can only buy 2nd Class Large Letter at public prices.

So I don't think this will be the way to go if you are looking at using 2nd Class Large Letter.

The service code in click and drop is CRL48 for Royal Mail 48.

Royal Mail 48 is really for VAT registered sellers as to make it cheap you have to claim back the VAT.

Presently 2nd Class Large Letter is a penny or so cheaper than Royal Mail 48 for 100 gram/250 gram large letters. When the price rises for 2nd Class account post happens in July then Royal Mail 48 is significantly cheaper.

If you link your RM account you can buy Royal Mail 48 through Amazon Buy Shipping.

user profile
Seller_zkETYNYu5AkMT
In reply to: Seller_d8YGbIjNqwFxn’s post

CRL48 is more expensive than Second Class Large Letters as royal mail charges different types of surcharges such as Normal Surcharge for using CRL Service and Green Surcharge.

user profile
Seller_d8YGbIjNqwFxn

Currently it is but only by a couple of pence for 100 gram and 250 gram. Other tiers I am not sure as I don't use them.

As I stated in my post when the price rises for 2nd Class on Account start in July then CRL48 will be cheaper again.

user profile
Seller_zkETYNYu5AkMT
Show post
CRL48 is more expensive than Second Class Large Letters as royal mail charges different types of surcharges such as Normal Surcharge for using CRL Service and Green Surcharge.
user profile
Seller_MLVV0MRyhhFnM

Greetings All,

We use Royal Mail click & drop and use BPL1 and BPL2.

Our VTR is 34.42%. I asked Amazon to resolve this issue about 2 months ago. Amazon has not as yet sorted this out.

All BPL1 & BLP2 brought through RM should automatically be regarded as positive & confirmed delivery .

Further Amazon VTR policy accepts BLP1 & BLP2 as valid posting options.

None of my buyers have said they have not received their parcel - so what ever the problem is - RM or Amazon software - Amazon should mark all BPL1 and BLP2 as successfully delivered - so my VTR should by 100%

user profile
Seller_58y2FhNkywdyp

you can link your click and drop to your amazon account and still get your current rates,

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post