user profile
Sign in
user profile

Turning off Sponsored Products Experiment

by Seller_GK5kQEXpZI6fr

Has anyone tried completely pausing their sponsored products/display/brands for a certain period to see the effect it has on sales?

I am getting ever more distrustful of campaign metrics!

Tags: Sponsored Products
9 replies
9 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ZQyopdiwkUHOZ
In reply to: Seller_GK5kQEXpZI6fr’s post

I have never found a reason to believe that any of the sales we had attributed to campaigns wouldn't have happened without the campaigns.

I think it depends a lot on exactly what it is you're selling. I'd guess campaigns have a bigger affect on high value items.

user profile
Seller_TufyJDtetbrlU

Yes last week i turned mine off for 3 days last week as wanted to cut my orders down to have a little break and now ive turned them back on im getting nowhere near the amount of orders i was. I probably wouldn't advise doing it. Just lowering the bids

user profile
Seller_VJop3EahYqNPY

Low Bid Campaign - Have you tried this?

user profile
Seller_u191FG1bemHiW

Instead of completely pausing ads, have you looked at pausing them or reducing the daily spend during your off-peak trading times? I've started limiting ad spend at the weekend (when we have fewer orders) and using that budget during our busier days during the week). It's not really impacted our weekend sales and we've had a much better month for ad sales overall.

user profile
Seller_5el4WAbBdKX1z

We did a test and the sponsored products are between 25-30% of our sales so we continue to use them all we can.

user profile
Seller_zSGVUqSetQckQ

Usually it stays neutral for a day or two and then the sales decline starts once ads are paused unless the listing is really old and ranks organically extremely well for very long.

user profile
Seller_3NSFQR9B9Szoi

I did it last year on other bigger account with well established organic positions. Not much difference in the 1st week, then sales started to slowly decline as there was less traffic to listings -> lower sales velocity -> lower rankings. I un-paused ads after about 2 months, when it was clear that lack of ads not only hamper my growth, but actually influence organic positions and sales started to decline across the board. It took about 1.5 months to get back to where I started, one might say I've lost 4 months of growth with this experiment.

user profile
Seller_ocO3gcVqPUhrE
This post has been deleted
There are no more posts to display
Go to original post