user profile
Sign in
user profile

Review Manipulation !!

by Seller_ZXkBCwIOco2SG

Hi All,

I have found a listing in the same category that i sell, where reviews are being manipulated.

The product on sale is a wireless adapter sold on amazon UK under brand name UYICOO (ASIN B0CX16JNCR). The last few reviews are for a wireless adapter as listed, but thousands of older reviews relate to a completely different product which is listed on amazon US under the same brand UYICOO which is for a hair accessory(B07KK6KN1M).

I have previously posted about this about a month ago (Link to previous post) and @Julia_Amazon was able to unmerge the listings and the reviews that were unrelated to the product were removed

But i have just noticed today that the seller has managed to remerge the listing and now thousands of reviews to the hair scrunch are showing on their product again.

I have reported the violation via the account health page but received an automated response saying no violation has been detected although review manipulation is a violation of amazon policies

Does anyone know how they are able to do this or seen anything similar to this?

@Julia_Amazon are you able to look into this again please?

Tags: Compliance, Listings, Product feedback
19 replies
19 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_5VsVlvdiDnITx
In reply to: Seller_ZXkBCwIOco2SG’s post

All too commonplace unfortunately and Amazon do not care in the slightest. If you want to waste your time you can report the infringement via 'report abuse' on seller central- although I wouldn't hold your breath.

Recent example, ASIN B0CTT56WBQ, a tower fan, has been getting away with being merged with a bell pepper for months, and amazon see nothing wrong with this apparently. 5.7K reviews at 5/5 rating.

Yes a bell pepper, the vegetable, merged with a small household appliance.

user profile
Seller_YcVj3IObF7ZOZ

Just got this from which

"It’s a huge win - parliament has passed new laws to empower millions of consumers following the general election announcement.

The Digital Markets, Competition and Consumers (DMCC) Act will crack down on tech giants by introducing new protections such as banning fake reviews and sneaky fees when booking things such as flights, concerts or cinema tickets.

These new laws will mean the regulator will be able to more easily investigate, fine and hold to account dodgy businesses that are ripping customers off. They will also tackle the market dominance of the largest tech companies in the world to give consumers greater choice and ensure more competition.

This is a groundbreaking moment for Which? and a massive step towards making life fairer and safer for all consumers."

It looks like something is finally happening on fake reviews

user profile
Seller_ZXkBCwIOco2SG

im really surprised that this is such a widespread issue but nothing is being done about it.

I have found a few more examples since posting this.

I always thought review manipulation was a serious issue for amazon but seems not.

Are any of the mods able to help with this issue?

@Maja_Amazon@Ezra_Amazon@Sarah_Amzn@Spencer_Amazon@Winston_Amazon@Sakura_Amazon_@Simon_Amazon@Julia_Amzn

its a clear violation of policies and something needs to be done about it.

user profile
Seller_IQo80d99W2DzP

If a Buyer buys it, then complains, they seem to do far more about things.

So, Buy the item, complain, raise a returns request as well that it is the incorrect item.

Amazon seem to like 2 SEPARATE test purchases, then report accordingly in Seller Support and as a Buyer.

user profile
Seller_vFy4GB7nmG284

[Moderator Edit : inappropriate content removed]

user profile
Julia_Amzn

Hello @Seller_ZXkBCwIOco2SG,

Hope you are doing well!

Sorry to hear that the issue occurs again.

Did you address it to the Seller Support team?

Kind regards,

Julia.

user profile
Seller_ZXkBCwIOco2SG
In reply to: Julia_Amzn’s post

Hi

Yes ive contacted seller support multiple times in the past, i was told there is nothing they can do about it. I would need to go to account health and report abuse, which i have done. When ive reported it, i get an automated response saying no violation has been detected so you wont be taking any further action

user profile
Seller_ZXkBCwIOco2SG

Hi @Julia_Amzn

I have just contacted customer support right now.

They said to report the violation again via the report abuse link in the account health page, which i have done.

I have just recieved an automated response via email with below:

Hello,

Thank you for your report of a suspected policy violation. We cannot take action on the report as no violation has been identified on the reported B0CX16JNCR for the violation type selected.

ASIN: B0CX16JNCR

Order ID (if applicable):

Complaint ID: 9877998562

SinSincerelyare you able to escalate this?

user profile
Seller_hFQDZaGyrETeG

I reported a seller for very obvious variation violations recently and got the exact same response

Their AI is useless, im not even sure it checks the the ASIN's, maybe the AI has learnt to skimp their duties as they have to deal with ridiculous targets aswell!

user profile
Julia_Amzn

Thank you for opening a case @Seller_ZXkBCwIOco2SG! I´m working on it.

Best,

Julia.

user profile
Julia_Amzn
In reply to: Seller_hFQDZaGyrETeG’s post

Hello @Seller_hFQDZaGyrETeG,

Would you like me to check your case as well?

Cheers,

Julia.

user profile
Julia_Amzn

Hello @Seller_ZXkBCwIOco2SG,

I have an update regarding your case. The different product ASINs have been removed. Could you please confirm on your end?

Best,

Julia.

user profile
Seller_hFQDZaGyrETeG

Yes please

Case ID: 9807738542

Thankyou

user profile
Seller_ZXkBCwIOco2SG

Hi

thank you for looking into it. Its much appreciated.

But the different products reviews are still showing on the listing....

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post