Hello everyone,
I am hoping an Amazon Community Manager or an experienced seller can help, as I have exhausted all available support channels and this issue has now been ongoing for several weeks, months. Case ID: 12632418202
I created a new colour variation of an existing rechargeable product that contains a built-in lithium-ion battery. The original variation has been selling successfully through FBA for a long time without any issues.
However, when I attempted to send inventory for the new colour variation, I was unable to create an FBA shipment because the listing became stuck in "Not classified: Unable to classify."
I uploaded all the required compliance documentation, including the SDS/MSDS and Certificate of Compliance, multiple times. After approximately 48 hours, the uploaded documents would disappear, and the status would reset back to "Not classified: Unable to classify."
After numerous conversations with Seller Support, the case was finally escalated to the internal Dangerous Goods team and I was then informed by two different Amazon Support representatives that:
The product had been successfully classified as "LITHIUM ION BATTERIES CONTAINED IN EQUIPMENT."
The classification had been correctly applied to the parent listing and all variations.
The remaining issue was only a system synchronization delay, and I was advised to wait 24–48 hours.
Unfortunately, even after waiting well beyond the advised time-frame, I am still unable to create an FBA shipment, and the exact same error continues to appear.
Since then, I have received conflicting replies from Seller Support. Some agents continue to state that the product has no active FBA offer, (copy and paste responses, other supports not even bothered to read previous messages so no idea what was the real issue) even though:
the listing has been configured as FBA for some time,
it appears in Seller Central as an FBA listing,
it shows "Out of Stock" under the Replenish Inventory status,
and the original variation continues to sell successfully through FBA.
Other support representatives have already confirmed that the Hazmat classification has been completed and the issue should have been resolved. At this point, it feels as though the case is being restarted each time it reaches a new support agent, despite the previous investigation and confirmations.
This unresolved issue prevented us from replenishing inventory in time for Prime Day, resulting in missed sales opportunities. Our inventory has been ready to ship throughout this period, but the system continues to prevent shipment creation.
Has anyone experienced a similar situation where the Dangerous Goods classification was confirmed as complete, but the Send to Amazon workflow still prevented FBA shipment creation?
If so, how was the issue resolved?
I would greatly appreciate any advice from experienced sellers. If an Amazon Community Manager could review Case ID: 12632418202 and assist with escalating this to the appropriate technical team, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your time, help and assistance.