user profile
Sign in
user profile

A to Z given but no contact from customer

by Seller_VSkEHnfCL7MCb

I feel like a criminal! The book order was on 30/12/22 and sent first class. It was low cost I have proof of posting (no tracking) and after 3 months didnt think any more about it. Today 17/3 I woke to find an A to Z had been given for non delivery. There has been no contact from the customer whatsoever on the matter and can I appeal on this basis? I think this is against Amazon policy if this is the case could someone please quote the policy to me as I will use this in my appeal. I feel that I have not been given the opportunity to resolve the issue with the customer ( which I assume is genuine) any thoughts would be gratefully received. thanks, Chris.

Tags: Policy
44 replies
Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_SITNVuZK87zGK
In reply to: Seller_VSkEHnfCL7MCb’s post

Here you go

https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/help/hub/reference/G27951

You should be able to fight the impact to your ODR on appeal, if lucky (ie through sheer incompetence) amazon may even find the a to z as well

Jump to reply
44 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_SITNVuZK87zGK

Here you go

https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/help/hub/reference/G27951

You should be able to fight the impact to your ODR on appeal, if lucky (ie through sheer incompetence) amazon may even find the a to z as well

user profile
Seller_DROodOAYHftnc

Here’s the relevant bit:

Prior to an A-to-z Guarantee claim being filed

Customers must first contact you and give you an opportunity to resolve their issue. Customers are not eligible to raise an A-to-z Guarantee Claim (“Claim”) without contacting you first.

What’s the betting they contacted CS and they opened it on the customer’s behalf.
IMO this is SO wrong, and they (CS) should not be allowed to do it.

@Julia_Amazon @Winston_Amazon
Is this something that can be raised please as there have been so many instances of this being reported, where the seller has no idea about an A-Z having been raised until they see the claim has been has approved.
As the seller we should have the ability to try and resolve any issues with our customers.

user profile
Seller_B4VbHpnDLDLAU

I have 1 open a-z this exact reason.
In the reason for the return on the a-a is a copy of the chat from the buyer they wish to return.

No prior message.

I now have a new A-Z, for a so called damaged item that buyer has not posted back to us after opening a return request.

user profile
Julia_Amzn

Hi @ barnabeesbooks1,

Thank you for reaching out!

I will check your case and come back with more details.

@ JillyB1, thank you for flagging this gap. Do you and other sellers have more examples of this scenario?

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Julia.

user profile
Seller_WkBdCFAza2Huc

another associated issue is if there is a problem with address (or customer has ordered twice within 30 seconds which you just know is a duplicate) if you contact the buyer to get correct details or to check, this then appears to be classed as them contacting you and can go straight to a to z, even though that contact was a reply to a message sent before the item even marked as dispatched.

Not unreasonable to ask Amazon to amend the policy to read

Customers must first contact you “After the estimated delivery date (or if applicable the date tracking confirms delivered)” and give you an opportunity to resolve their issue. Customers are not eligible to raise an A-to-z Guarantee Claim (“Claim”) without contacting you first.

user profile
Seller_tRuvBEHDedp4q

Sometimes you do not get contact direct from customer as many customers go straight to Amazon as they not realise they bought from a third party seller.

The customer goes to Amazon CS who then send out a message beginning with ‘Wheres my stuff?’

This is the start of the process. If you do not respond or resolve the issue within 48 hours from receipt of the Wheres My Stuff message, then the A to Z is automatically granted when there is no tracking information (and more often or not even when there is tracking which says it has been delivered).

And by resolve - I mean full refund, which seems to be the only way to stop the A to Z

user profile
Seller_tRuvBEHDedp4q

I agree Amazon should make sure you get at least 48 hours (actually I think it should be longer in case dispute is raised on a friday and you not work over weekend) from customer contact to sort out potential disputes (as per Amazon policy).

However, if a INR message is received the only way to protect your account from the A-Z is to issue a refund yourself straight away anyway.
In the event of sending an item out untracked this is most definitely the ONLY option as the refund will be done immediately as soon as the A-Z is initiated anyway and you get the A-Z strike on your metrics with no option to appeal (proof of posting means nothing).
If sent tracked then Amazon will ask for more info or will say they are looking into it - but 95% of the time they will still issue refund even if tracking has confirmed delivery and you still get the A-Z strike on your metrics.
The only way to avoid having the A-Z strike is by using Amazon Buy Shipping. You will still have to refund but it wont count on your metrics.

user profile
Seller_B4VbHpnDLDLAU

The interesting thing for us for past 5 weeks we have been using Amazon shipping.

We have had a few A-Z claims of non delivery with proof of delivery from themselves. Guess what all of them found in customers favour and refunded.

However we put in a direct claim with amazon for non delivery. Guess what all APPROVED and we got a full order value refund.

So amazon are now out of pocket for the claims.

If sent with another courier nothing!

user profile
Seller_VSkEHnfCL7MCb

just as an update my appeal was rejected despite quoting verbatum their own policy to them (probably a bot). All they want to know about is tracking details. I have atleast brought the spotlight over Amazon non compliance with their own policy on A to Z ie that a customer is required to contact the seller 48 hours before launching A to Z and their refusal to enforce this.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post