user profile
Sign in
user profile

A-Z for an empty box - Denied, re-opened and granted

by Seller_TZo1LiNadBuFy

A customer got in touch to tell me that she had received an empty box, and demanding a refund. I replied, asking her to submit some photos of the delivery she had received so that I could ask Royal Mail to investigate. She didn’t send anything, and following advice from Seller Support I contacted her again. She replied asking for an alternative email address so that she could send the pictures as she was unable to do so using the messaging service on Amazon. Again, following advice from Seller Support, I replied that I could not do so, as we were only permitted to communicate via the Amazon Platform. I attached a help page on attaching images to messages provided by seller support. After much to-ing and fro-ing between myself, seller support and the buyer, the buyer opened an A-Z, which was denied.
She once again got in touch, saying that she had sent the pictures, and wanted a refund. I asked seller support to check for me, and they confirmed that she hadn’t attached pictures to any of her messages. She re-opened the A-Z claim, and then withdrew it. She then re-opened it, still not having sent any pictures to allow an investigation to commence.
I responded to the A-Z claim immediately - Amazon were asking for proof of delivery, so I included the link to the Royal Mail Track and Trace website again, showing the buyers signature and the date and time she received the parcel. (Incidentally, the item she ordered weighs 2 kilo). The A-Z claim was at this point still showing as a requiring action claim. I contacted seller support, who told me that my representation had been received by the A-Z team and that I should wait for a decision. I responded again, copying and pasting my previous reply, to see whether that would register and take the claim out of action required status - it didn’t, but again was reassured by seller support that it had been registered and could be viewed by the team. I did this four times, and was then contacted by the A-Z team to tell me that the claim had been granted as I had not provided the necessary information for proof of delivery. I have appealed, and they have upheld their decision. It seems like such an unfair decision - I have followed policies and communicated with the customer throughout, and followed advice from seller support. The buyer has provided nothing, breached policies by asking me to contact her outside the platform, and has her claim granted. Any advice gratefully received!

Tags: Seller Support
4 replies
4 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_EJIX7rqDNQJi2
In reply to: Seller_TZo1LiNadBuFy’s post

I am sorry to hear this, it sounds like Amazon haven’t received your supporting information.

You should have opened a case with the Seller Support under “A-Z claims” and attached there the proof of delivery showing your buyer’s signature.

In addition, it would help if you offered the buyer to return the order for a refund after she contacted you reporting the receipt of empty package, just to remain covered.

You can appeal any incorrectly closed claims through the A-Z claim interface using the “Appeal” button, by opening a case with the Seller Support or if nothing works, by e-mailing jeff@amazon.com or managingdirector@amazon.co.uk.

user profile
Seller_TZo1LiNadBuFy
In reply to: Seller_TZo1LiNadBuFy’s post

This is where it seems the most bizarre! I have done all of that, supplied the proof of delivery four times now! I didn’t;t offer a return as the buyer still hasn’t submitted any photos so I can’t get an investigation started - and it seems a bit of a waste getting her to return an empty box. i think my frustration here is being able to understand how it is possible that the information I have sent several times has not been received, when I have been told that it has? Thank you for your advice though.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post